Did you see the news about the next WW arc following Shea Fontana's run? I'm just like *head desk*
UGH. YUCK. What @rex501st is referring to is the announcement for an upcoming arc of Wonder Woman, with the following press release:
Spinning out of the pages of DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH and JUSTICE LEAGUE: DARKSEID WAR, Robinson, [Carlo] Pagulayan and [Emanuela] Lupacchino will answer one of the biggest questions of the year: Who is Wonder Woman’s brother? Taken away from Themyscira in the dead of night, the mysterious Jason (the only male ever born on the island) has been hidden somewhere far from the sight of gods and men…but his life and Wonder Woman’s are about to intersect in a terrifying way, bringing them face-to-face with a cosmic threat they never imagined.
… In case any of you need a refresher, Darkseid War (Justice League #50) ended with an Amazon named Myrina revealing to Diana that she witnessed Hippolyta giving birth and that she saw that Diana in fact has a twin brother somewhere. Don’t believe that this BS actually exists?
AHAHAHAHAAHAAAAA. Oh, it happened. It wasn’t enough to revise Diana’s origin so fundamentally by giving her a BIOLOGICAL FATHER, they had to give her a TWIN BROTHER TOO. These are things that make Wonder Woman more relatable to men, folks (you see, men need more representation, natch).
Okay, but right after this issue Wonder Woman: Rebirth rolled around and we found out that Diana’s memories of Themyscira were all a lie… I mean, we think. We’re very confused. Anyway, if they’re lies, this Jason thing basically never happened. And it was honestly totally forgotten until the announcement of this new WW arc. Please trust me, DC Comics, this is hardly “one of the biggest questions of the year.” It’s hardly a question. No one except for Geoff Johns cares, and he only cares because he created this issue (badum tisssss).
So here’s how I feel:
Real talk: I have no objections to the creative team. Would it be lovely to have a woman write Wonder Woman? Of course! But this creative team is nothing to scoff at (um, HYST, are you forgetting Earth 2?). OKAY FINE, if all else fails, we’ll get some beautiful art out of this whole situation.
My real anger stems from the fact that no matter how hard we try DC will not let us leave this Zeus God-Sperm origin behind. Look at that panel with Hippolyta giving birth? That’s preposterous. That’s blasphemous. THAT IS NOT, AND HAS NEVER BEEN, WONDER WOMAN. Why can’t we just leave this behind? Because this panel apparently makes Wonder Woman more relatable to men!
Setting snark aside for like a minute, look at that panel of Hippolyta giving birth. This Hippolyta is blonde. *Real* Rebirth!Hippolyta has black hair. What if this Jason character isn’t actually Diana’s twin brother but some Phobos/Deimos creation meant to take down Wonder Woman? What if things aren’t as bad as we *think* they are?
I mean, they probably are, but I naturally have more optimism than I know what to do with. Thanks for the question, and let’s hope for the best!
Here are some hc i have for modern au Madison. If you don’t like them, sorry but these are just some of my own hcs.
Also there are probably alot of typos or grammatical errors in this but im too tired to re-read this.
-Chubby!James Madison??? Idk about y'all but I’ve always pictured his as a chubby guy oops
- Works along side Thomas Jefferson (who is secretary of state) sort of as an assistant and advisor
- BIG ASS WEEB LEMME TELL U
- OWNS LIKE EVERY ANIME EVER
- NARUTO, OURAN HIGH SCHOOL, AOT, AND IM JUST NAMING THE WELL KNOWN ONES
- super insecure and he doesn’t talk about himself or his past much
- He eats alot under stress and then he feels guilty about it because he thinks he’s too chubby. That leads to him forcing himself to throw up :(( Its sort of one if the reasons why he gets sick often
- No one knows about it, but a few ppl have their suspicions
- There was probably this one time when he had to present something on powerpoint infront of the president and other people working along side him. And it was either on his computer or flashdrive but he clicked on the wrong powerpoint file. But the slideshow was actually of him cosplaying as various anime characters
- He was so embarrassed that he almost cried and couldn’t present the actual slideshow
- Literally everyone in the room was cracking up, including Washington
- The worst day of Madison’s life
I’m looking for something similar to Captain America: White, or the Captain America and Bucky 2011 run. Or anything else is fine too, just no Nick Spencer please. And also no D.C. Comics right now. I’m already waiting to get my hands on more Son of Batman.
Hogwarts art classes though omfg. Harry and Ron staying up till 4am painting their homework last minute. Harry finding it surprisingly therapeutic and developing a love for art. Hermione having a meltdown because she isn’t the best in the class. Luna would be the Salvador Dali of Hogwarts and just paint the weirdest shit. Draco would have famous expensive art delivered and present it as his own creations. Beautiful.