Yuri!!! On Ice Old Hollywood AU
I know actor aus are pretty common within fandom, but just think about a Yuri!!! On Ice actor AU set in Old Hollywood! It would take place in the late 40s, but have all the aspects of the YOI universe that we have come to love (no prejudice against race, gender, sexual orientation etc.).
· Victor Nikiforov as five time award winning mega star and darling of the studio, being bored and disenchanted with his career sees a picture starring Yuuri Katsuki. Despite the movie’s flaws, he is enthralled by this new charming actor and his performance.
· Yuuri Katsuki as a promising actor who suffers from anxiety and as a result doesn’t have the ability to choose the correct vehicles to fully showcase his talent and wonders if he should just quit Hollywood.
· At the after party of the biggest award ceremony of the season Yuuri becomes drunk and hits on Victor, a super star who he has admired for years and made him want to become an actor in the first place.
· Victor becomes even more enchanted with Yuuri after this and decides to take a break from his acting career to help Yuuri pursue his dream of playing a part that’s so good he would win an Academy Award for it, much to the displeasure of studio boss Yakov Feltsman.
· Yuri Plisetsky as the child actor who is now an adolescent and wants to have his perfect debut in his first mature role. He is the son of a former child actress and was raised on the studio lot, groomed by the executives to be the next Victor Nikiforov. He was promised to be mentored by Victor and becomes enraged to know he has been ditched for another actor that shares his first name. He’s taken under the wing of former dancer/ silent movie star turned studio big shot Lilia Baranovskaya instead.
· Phichit Chulanot as Yuuri’s friend who he studied acting with under the tutelage of Celestino Chialdini. He excels in singing and dancing and wants to be the biggest star to feature in Technicolor musicals like Gene Kelly. He dreams of writing and starring in his own musical and ropes in his good buddies Guang-Hong Ji, tap dancer extraordinaire, and Leo de la Iglesia, singer turned actor, to work with him on this project.
· Christophe Giacometti, one of Hollywood’s most popular bombshells, is mostly known for his roles as the ditzy blond (think Marilyn Monroe), but is actually deeply intellectual and sensitive. He wants to transcend this persona and craves to be taken more seriously, but can’t seem to shake the clueless sexpot image. He can’t help but feel jealous of his good friend Victor, who is equally considered a sex bomb but IS taken seriously.
· Jean-Jacques Leroy as a heartthrob who mainly stars as the hero in adventure movies and swashbucklers. He has a reputation to be difficult to work with, because according to directors he is always trying to push his own vision onto a movie. He’s often accused of his pictures being vehicles to display his own ego.
· Seung Gil Lee as the actor who abhors the publicity and elbow rubbing with his fellow actors that is involved with being a celebrity. His perceived coldness makes him shine as a suave villain in film noir pictures.
· Michele and Sara Crispino as former child actors who starred in vaudeville together as a double act. Since trying to become big in Hollywood, Sara longs for independent projects that don’t include her and her brother as a set, much to the distress of Michele. He, in his turn, is pursued by good friend Emil Nekola, who is a great comedian, to star in his next screwball comedy together.
· Mila Babicheva as the beauty queen of Hollywood, known for her roles as the femme fatale and the hottest redhead since Rita Hayworth. She becomes quite taken with her friend Sara, who has a sweet yet powerful voice like Judy Garland, after seeing her in a musical picture.
· Georgi Popovich, dramatic actor, deeply romantic and a THESPIAN above all things. He has a tumultuous love life and his over the top performances are often considered too avant-garde for Old Hollywood sensibilities. Loves to star in Shakespeare adaptations.
· Otabek Altin as an actor who is admired by everyone in the industry for his quiet yet intense performances. He simultaneously has the reputation of being a bad boy involved in some minor scandals as well as keeping to himself mostly. Is often type-cast as the manly, smoldering anti-hero in film noir pictures. Remembers Yuri Plisetsky well from his youth on the studio lot and tells him this rather dramatically when Yuri is set to co-star with him in his latest crime movie as ‘the icy blond’.
If y’all like this I’m going to write a fic, I s2g.
Edit: Yeeesss, I’m going to write a fic! check #yoi old hollywood au for future updates!