Please take a moment to read this post.
I believe in giving back to the community, of offering a helping hand to those that need it. Every year I’ve run the Chicago Marathon, I’ve run for charity; its a great way to help those programs that reach out to those in need. This year, I am running for “Girls on the Run”.
In the past, I’ve raised over $5,500 over the last two marathons. This year I’d like to hit a goal of $2,000. To help ensure this goal is met, I have rewards for donors!
- If you donate any amount, I’ll buy you a cup of coffee, beer, or soft drink
- If I achieve $1,500 in donations, I will wear a rainbow colored tutu for the marathon.
- If the $2,000 goal is reached, I will shave the mustache. That’s right, I am willing to be clean-shaven for the marathon.
- The added bonus to reaching the $2,000 goal include seeing my aerodynamic face, me in a tutu, and satisfaction in knowing you’re helping young women develop needed life skills.
- For my Tumblr supporters, if I hit the $2,000 mark, in addition to all the things above, I will also wear a picture of Middle and one of Melanie (that one hurt to even type!)
Please join me in assisting this wonderful afterschool program in helping numerous girls discover they can do far more than they think they are capable of. They discover their strengths and confidence through running and completing their first 5K. This program possibly could have helped my niece, Middle, from being so gullible. It certainly could have helped the crazy cat-lady (*COUGH*MelanieTris*COUGH*)
Click here to donate
As you find time, please donate, reblog this, tell your friends, tell strangers about my fundraising.