It still needs some Criquette’s stuff details but I like it so far. I also had fun with Photoshop filters today. Settled with Color Efex Pro 4 / Sunlight for these pictures. It’s too blurry for gameplay screenshots, but It works for neighborhood views. **
Small Town Life in Colorado by Mark Stevens Via Flickr: What made this image for me was wasn’t just looking across the street and town, it was the mountains with the clouds all around after recent rainstorm this Autumn morning in Grand Lake, Colorado.
The Merced River Flows on By… (Yosemite National Park) by Mark Stevens Via Flickr: A view looking downstream on the Pohono Bridge in Yosemite National Park. This was another amazing spot noted by Michael Frye in his ebook on this national park.
For this image I wanted to capture what amounted to a peaceful setting, hearing the waters of a river flowing by and the breeze of the wind through the nearby trees. This was another of those beautiful spring days!
I’m not one for using filters all the time but I’m also not apposed to them either. A compilation of the arboretum photos, some re-edited but all using Color Efex Pro 4 to finish the look and feel. While maybe not realistic, to me this is how it felt.
I love the colors in your photography! They're all so vibrant. Do you do it in postprocessing or do you have some lens equipment or some such to brighten the colors?
Hello and thank you!! My camera is a Nikon D5200 and I only use the lenses that came with it. I do, however, have a UV filter on them, so that can sometimes affect the blue tones. Mother nature gets about 70% of the credit for the vibrant colors, Lightroom 6 and Color Efex Pro 4 (from the Nik Collection) get the other 30% ;). I’m still learning how to edit and tend to go overboard, but the learning process has been fun, with interesting results! :D