The Time Magazine issue for July 19th, 1968, featuring the famous interview with American special forces hero Colonel Walter E. Kurtz, who’s sharp criticisms of the American effort in Vietnam was vital to the withdrawal of the majority of regular forces and the buildup of the special forces program. Along with Captains Richard Colby and Benjamin Willard, Colonel Kurtz’s integration of elite forces among the native Degar mountain tribes and use of psychological warfare was hailed as the driving element behind the North Vietnamese Army’s shutdown of the “Ho Chi Minh Trail” and decreased material support from both China and the USSR.
Tagged by @panzerfluch to list ten of my favorite characters from any work of media and then tag ten others.
1. Max Rockatansky (Mad Max)
2. M. Bison (Street Fighter: The Movie)
3. Mark Lee (A Better Tomorrow)
4. Guts (Berserk)
5. Snake Plissken (Escape from New York)
6. Schierke (Berserk)
7. Colonel Walter Kurtz (Apocalypse Now)
8. Mystery Woman (The Blues Brothers)
9. Paul Kersey (Death Wish series)
10. Mattie Ross (True Grit)