Hoe Tips: Looking Your Best When You Have Zero Time
Alright y'all, I know you guys have started school and you probably have zero free time to really beat your face or look groomed without sacrificing sleep or classtime, so I’m droppin some quick tips.
1. Sleep>everything. Do not get less than 6 hours of sleep each night (really, no less than 8, but as a fulltime college student in a healthcare major I know thats not always realistic). Your physical health is more important than your grades, more important than doing your makeup in the morning, etc. Span out your studying gradually throughout the week so you aren’t cramming, and if you didn’t get enough sleep, just don’t do your makeup the next morning. I promise you, no one will really care whether or not you’re wearing makeup.
2. Have a 5 minute routine down pat if you still wanna beat your face. Mine is as follows: moisturizer/primer, tinted brow mascara/brow pencil, tinted BB cream, powder, blush and highlight, mascara, sheer lip gloss, setting spray. Easy peasy.
3. Lay out your outfits on your bed/dresser the night before. Having an ensemble already available to you saves a shit ton of time in the morning.
4. Have your lunch packed and your bag ready the night before.
5. Do some of your skincare routine in the shower. Wash and exfoliate while waiting for your shampoo to settle into your hair, leave on a face mask while shaving your legs, etc.
6. Apply coconut oil/castor oil to your lashes and brows before you go to bed every night for long, voluminous lashes and bold, groomed brows.
7. Keep a chapstick/lip balm on you at all times to ensure those babies are soft 24/7.
8. Never skip moisturizer. I like to use a Clean and Clear moisturizer with salicylic acid in it; it hydrates my skin and helps fight acne all in one.
9. Always have a hair tie on you in case of a bad hair day.
10. The less you wear makeup, the better your face starts to look without it. I used to wear makeup religiously (and I still love wearing it), but I found that sleep and making it to class/work on time every day is way more important than a beat face. Plus my skin benefits from having time to breathe. I promise y'all are gorgeous with AND without makeup, and your skin will thank you for having a day off.
11. Keep a small spray bottle of perfume in your car/bag.
12. Paint your nails/toes while studying. Reading over your notes while waiting for your nails to dry can make good use of some time.
13. Leave one day a week where you don’t do any school work, for beauty and personal care. Everyone needs a break, and that can be your self care day.
💖Thats all for now, good luck this semester hoes, stay beautiful💖
If you have to re-take a class, because you didn’t do so well it’s okay. if you have to spend an extra year in school because of current struggles it’s okay. These are only parts of your life, this isn’t your entire life. Only a small scene part of the bigger movie. A grade doesn’t define your worth. You are still a human being with value. Do your best. Grind as hard as you can, reach out to your professor and network with other students to study together. Don’t give up. There are so many more options out there for you.
This is only a low point, this isn’t the end for you.
Has anyone mentioned yet how our schools and education will be affected without net neutrality?
Think about schools who already have ridiculously low budgets that have to stop using important and useful sites on the internet because they can’t afford it.
Think about schools that CAN afford it, but have students who can’t access their work at home and struggle to keep good grades because of it.
Think about college students who struggle to even keep their apartments and get food on the table who suddenly can’t afford to access sites they need for their classes.
I’m no professional on this stuff. I don’t know exactly how it would work for education, but either way the removal of net neutrality is going to negatively affect everyone (except your service providers).
Since it’s finals season here’s to the people that:
- try and get D’s and F’s still
- failed a class or classes this semester
- didn’t get into the college they wanted
- struggle with learning disabilities
- couldn’t get scholarships due to a low gpa
- have mental illnesses that zap their motivation to do anything else besides make it through the day
- have to take summer school
- weren’t able to graduate
You are not an idiot. You do have worth. And you CAN still go places in life. Your report card does not define your worth as a person.