Click the songs to hear them. I recommend headphones, a hot cup of tea and a book - put your phone away!
1. Sound Asleep // Blondie : This song just describes that state of mind where you’re craving sleep but it just won’t come to you. Packed with a whirling lullaby melody, a soothing, calming beat and Debbie Harry’s dreamy vocals - this song is perfect to wind down to.
2.Oblivion // Bastille : The basis of this song is about watching someone fall into oblivion and never managing to quite get there yourself. Starting with Dan’s clear, calming voice and a single piano, it escalates into a beautiful tangle of strings with mesmerizing electronic beats and heartwarming, layered high notes.
3.Pale Blue Eyes // The Velvet Underground: It may be decades old but for me, this song is my secret sleeping weapon. Consisting of a mellow bass, light riffs of acoustic-goodness and a pure voice singing some of the most beautiful words ever written - this song and it’s hypnotic nature will have you snoring in seconds.
4.Breathe // Of Verona: This song is purely about love, however the chorus can really help to soothe your breathing and chill you out. Starting out as just a silky voice and basic, haunting accompaniment, it gradually blossoms into a beautifully dramatic collision of cymbals, layered, echoing vocals and a lullaby-esque flooding of drums and piano.
5. Tempt You (Evocatio) // Nothing But Thieves : Pure slow-indie perfection about being tempted away from ‘the city’. It’s a mollifying, smooth vocal that will make your head spin paired with a gradual build-up of minimalistic guitar and electronic sounds - this is sure to send you into a deep on-the-edge-of-sleep feeling.
6. I Work Nights and You Work Days // To Kill A King : This song is written about someone who works nights and comes home to see their partner sleeping lightly. Consisting of a consoling, rich folk voice that lies softly alongside a piano laced with sections of heart-warming strings - this song will make your eyes feel heavy and your bones feel tired.
7.Hold You // Nina Nesbitt (ft. Kodaline) : A match made in lullaby heaven, this collaboration will have you drifting between dreamland and reality. A slightly raspy but somehow clear, Scottish female voice teamed up with a gentle and heart-wrenching, Irish male voice layered over the top of a folk-indie instrumental, this is a definite track for a sleep playlist.
8. The Parting Glass // Ed Sheeran : Now I’m not a massive Ed Sheeran fan, but this hidden track found at the end of Give Me Love from his first album (+) is so simple and yet so soothing that it had to be included. With the only accompaniment being Ed’s harmonized humming and the rest is his reassuring vocal, this minimalistic track is amazing as a lullaby.
9. Final Masquerade (Acoustic) // Linkin Park: The original version of this song was on The Hunting Party, an album that I only own on vinyl but the acoustic version was floating about on iTunes. A true acoustic featuring Chester’s mesmerizing vocal, contrasted with a lower male voice and packets of a woman’s voice during the beginning - this song is like a stepping stone to a chilled out mind.
10. Metal & Dust // London Grammar : Indie relaxation at it’s best, this song can be interpreted into many different messages. Filled with light and fluffy beats, some hidden strings possibly and dominated by Hannah’s velvet-coated vocals, this is fantastic.
I went to Karaoke with @aishiteruitsumo6 today! We booked the Quartet Night room and it was amazing!!! So pretty, we lost so much song time because of taking pictures and drawing in the comment books.
As for the drinks I got the HEAVENS and Eiichi drinks while we were in the room. Eiichi’s was blood orange and cranberry and was very tart and fruity, I enjoyed it. And the HEAVENS drink was very good too, my favourite part was the jelly stars that they put in it.
After we left I ended up treating myself to two more drinks because I don’t know if I’ll get the chance again. So I got Reiji’s and Syo’s drinks as well. Reiji’s was like a very thin smoothie and had a pineapple taste. Syo’s was delicious, it was fizzy with a hint of peach and sweet but not overpowering. It was hands down my fav of the day. Just one sip made me smile and it worked the same for aishiteruitsumo6 too lol!
“Damon, I’m sorry that I gave you a life purpose. Passion, drive, desire. I’m sorry that you are who you are; because I’m the one that taught you how to love.“
"I’ll see you in hell, Katherine.”
A mix for the loves that turn you inside out and leave you with a reckoning in your veins and a fault line in your psyche. Collaboration with burntbefore.
i. heaven knows, the pretty reckless. ii. she’s not me, lana del rey. iii. 9 crimes, damien rice. iv. doin’ time, sublime. v. i hate everything about you, three days grace. vi. flesh, simon curtis. vii. one, u2 damien rice cover. viii. landfill, daughter. ix. stubborn love, the lumineers. x. a little death, the neighbourhood. xi. lonely boy, the black keys. xiii. lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off, panic! at the disco. xiv. chop and change, the black keys. xv. let’s get lost, bat for lashes. xvi. monster, paramore. xvii. paralyzer, finger eleven. xviii. why’d you only call me when you’re high?, arctic monkeys. xix. running up that hill, placebo. xx. monster, eminem. xxi. one for the road, arctic monkeys. xxii. poison and wine, the civil wars. xxiii. happiness is overrated, the airborne. xxiv. bloodstream, stateless. xxv. the devil within, digital daggers. xxvi. wicked games, the weekend. xxvii. nine inch nails. xxviii. now you, gjan. xxix. my blood, ellie goulding. xxx. hanging on, ellie goulding. xxxi. btsk, ms mr.
Hey i was just wondering where you found the picture of Chuuya from the BSD and Love Heaven collaboration and if there is a Dazai version thank youuuu!!!!
Hello! I stumbled upon those two images on a social gaming website’s article here. But in general, you can find the chibi version (with their stats and a preview of the non-chibi image) and at their twitter here.