I recently started following lexxercise and her upcoming webcomic (holy crap you guys, her art is gorgeous). I was reading through her Tumblr and for some reason, when I saw this little piece of art, the first thing I thought was that it was perfect for an embroidery project. Maybe it’s because I have that Hobbit embroidery piece on my mind.
Anyway, I decided to try sewing it, and this is what I ended up with. It’s a little cramped (it’s only a couple inches across), and I think I’d like to try again at a larger size and maybe with a different kind of stitch, but it was a fun diversion. It’s just not as cute as the original. ;)