when I think about Coran I get some feeling of nostalgia…like, I think time is an important part of this charactere, always speaking about “back in his time” (not like an old man who give you a lesson but more like when you remember the good times, like when you really get nostalgic about the past).
ARIES:flattened paper boats scattered like the remains of a murdered animal along a dried up river, rundown motels with their blasted neon signs and smashed-in windows, pink streamers from some neighborhood child’s birthday party shuffling across the street like bright tumbleweed, a train rattling off into the breathless night & the trace remnants of a week old bonfire found in the middle of nowhere.
TAURUS:chipped paint, shattered shot glasses lying across an abandoned pool table missing a few billiard balls, flyers rustling like autumn leaves against the tempestuous tides of the wind, advertising concerts & magic shows that took place in 2005, the sillage of old perfume clogging up the air, still thick as the scent of blood or wildflowers.
GEMINI:the corpse of a cigarette that hasn’t touched a mouth in months, a dilapidated playground where lost souls come out to play, threadbare curtains ripped like the wings of a dissected bird, strange red-brown stains across the hotel bedsheets, a gate grown weary with new-forming foliage & age, whining erroneously whenever maneuvered.
CANCER: an empty casket, coffee rim imprints across hardwood tables, an old, tattered shoe lying haphazardly on the side of the road, a junkyard littered with ancient cars still soggy with stories, a pick-up with a broken windshield, a cadillac with a massacred paint job, someone’s motorcycle with blood staining the front tire, an askew portrait with eyes that follow you around the room.
LEO: a carnival horse with one eye scratched out, a daycare centre that shut down years ago, plagued with the colorful ghosts of children’s drawings still tacked to the crumbling walls, a spiral staircase that seems to shift direction when nobody’s paying attention, crunched up beer cans rolling across an empty rooftop & lichen kissing the concrete.
VIRGO: the supermarket, flickering & eerie at night like the shadows unearthed beneath troubled eyes, owls stirring in between the murmuring trees, a single upturned grave in a cemetery that isn’t supposed to be notorious for hauntings, an old fountain still glistening with pennies that are no longer considered currency, a collapsed bottle of wine running the tiles red.
LIBRA:handprints imprinted onto fogged-up windows, red rooms crowded with developing photographs of people whose faces you recognize but cannot quite place, broken doll heads, a necklace that erupted into a sea of pearls, a deflated blow up kiddie pool collecting parched grass and critters, a busted arcade game & the laughter of people long gone still trapped inside the walls.
SCORPIO: books with grimacing yellow pages, someone attempting to sell you a cursed object on etsy, a leaky shower-head, a clock that’s stuck in time, a torn, unravelled couch sitting deserted in someone’s front lawn, candy stores that proclaim sales on expired sweets & ruddy patches of farmland.
SAGITTARIUS:basements stacked with unwanted toys, a box of thin-mints, footsteps reverberating around the house when it’s 2 AM and you’re home alone, a burned down lemonade stand, that weird alien light in the third window of your neighbor’s house that never seems to get turned off, a certain rattling coming from the kitchen.
CAPRICORN: rain pummeling against damp ceilings, clothes ripped off the washing line, an empty aquarium, obscure little thrift stores that sell leather jackets from the eighties, gas station lights flirting with you from the distance, the alley where they say the vagabonds roam their night countries, sniffing up and dressing down and slitting the throats of angels.
AQUARIUS:those tiny coffee shops that fill you with nostalgia for places you’ll never visit, ‘JESUS LOVES YOU’ spray-painted across the sides of ramshackle buildings, an antique almirah scratched to high hell, a monster in the closet, the tunnel beneath the bridge that half the town believes is a gateway to hell, smoking up in trip mall parking lots.
PISCES: halloween decor presented in shop windows a couple months early, visiting that lake where you heard that one kid drowned, the garage door slamming without cause or notice, storing fireflies in jars, drugstore makeup, birthday cake flavored oreos, a wheeled desk chair that seems to turn on its own when nobody’s in the office, a candle snuffed out on a windless evening.
Harry Styles’ solo album might be the most anticipated debut this side of the millennium. Following years as the bullseye in the global behemoth that was One Direction, the singer is taking center stage with a self-titled effort that’s a classic cocktail of psychedelia, Britpop, and balladry. If it was a color, it would be the baby blue of Jimi Hendrix’s Fender Stratocaster or the soft pink of Mick Jagger’s suit when he performed on “Top Of The Pops” in 1971. It’s rock and it’s roll, but it’s also soft and sensitive. Produced by Jeff Bhasker (Kanye West, Fun.) it’s a record that could force the position of mainstream radio by ushering in a reprise of proper music — ensembles, verse-chorus-verse, rich instrumentation, or, basically, Adele’s bag of tricks.
Despite the red herring of lead single ‘Sign Of The Times’ (it clocks in at just under six minutes in length), the album is a short shrift 40 minutes and contains ten songs that are largely about women. Unlike Robbie Williams and Justin Timberlake before him, there’s a deepened millennial sensibility to being a leading man. Harry is a sensitive soul; A post-Drake phenomenon; A serious pop performer with enviable vocal chops and a gifted ability to convey a song’s emotional heft. He oozes class, ease and a sense of import without thrusting forth from the hips, or wreaking of a self-satisfied sense of boyband emancipation. Both respectful of his past and nervous for his future, “Harry Styles,” the album, looks both ways. - Variety
A Slytherin/Hufflepuff friendship would include...
• Standing up for each other no matter what
• “Mess with them, mess with me.“
• Sitting on each other’s tables in the Great Hall
• At first you received some strange looks, but now everyone is used to it
• Swapping ties sometimes to confuse people
• Hanging out in the dungeons
• Hanging out in the kitchens
• Knowing all the passwords for your common rooms
• Occasionally telling the wrong password for a joke, and watching as they get locked out of your common room
• "Need some help there?”
• SO MUCH SMIRKING
• Being the closest of friends ever
• Having people be so jealous of you both
• Being literal friend goals
• Teaching each other the fundamentals of being in your respective houses
• "You’re like a cinnamon roll, how in Merlin’s name.“
• "And you.. well you’re… I mean, you’re nice too… sometimes… when you want to be…”
• Bickering now and then
• But only because you love each other
• Missing each other so much when you’re in lessons
• Watching the clock and willing time to go faster
• "I thought I’d never see you again!“
• "You saw me like an hour ago.”
• Being like iconic duos on tv shows
• You’re so different but compliment each other so well
• Having other friends in your own houses
• But preferring each other’s company to anyone else’s
• Getting each other’s opinions before doing literally a n y t h i n g
• Just always being there for one another
• No matter what
• Through the good times and bad
• Because you’re the best of friends
• Singing dramatic duets in your common rooms, to the amusement of others
• Always laughing
• Or smiling
• Whenever one of you is feeling down, the other knows exactly how to make things better
• Whether that be a long talk, food or cuddles
• Being the most important person in each other’s lives
• Meeting at King Cross Station every year
• Sitting with each other on the Hogwarts Express, though people sometimes stare
• Teaching first years the importance of inter-house friendships
• And showing that Slytherins and Hufflepuffs can be friends
• Because despite their differences
• Ultimately they’re better together
raven in that lab THOUGH, pacing around with her hand on her mouth, or sitting down, looking at the CLOCK TICKING, because this time she is actually running out of time, being stuck in that damn lab not knowing what to do
but then her fucking squad appears
all sick looking, bloody and POSING IN THEIR SUITS, taking their HELMETS OFF AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME
and then putting the cherry on top WITH THAT LINE
yall this scene really did come for my ass like what kind of power ranger shit was that. i love every second of it
We love to think that we’re a rough and ready race (Hence the space-orcs name). The truth is, we’re big softies. Our environment is so incredibly kind to us, that we’re literally soft!
We have no innate armour, little in the way of weaponry, and spend 1/3 of our time borderline unconscious, because we can.For most aliens, sleep simply doesn’t happen. You live, you fight, you die. This can lead to some awkward office conversations:Vultaire (Alien exchange student): Time to clock off for the day. What are you doing after class? Charles (Human doctoral student): I’ve been crashing on my lab-partner’s couch whilst my home’s been renovated after The Accident™. It’s ready to live in again, so I’m off to buy a new bed this evening! Vultaire: Crashing? I didn’t realise you were cybernetic. Let me recommend my debugger to you, he’s very good! Charles: No cybernetics here, I just mean sleep. I forget that you’re still learning the language. Here, let me show you what I’m getting. *Proceeds to show Vultaire pictures of luscious beds draped in colourful fabrics and peaceful people*
Vultaire: You’re…. dying?
Charles: No?! Why would you think that?
Vultaire: But those are funeral processions, I’ve seen them before. Why would you do that if you’re not dying?
Charles: *Laughing* Not funeral processions, but it’s pretty funny when you say it that way. It’s just for sleeping, resting, recuperating energy through the night. What do you do when you’re not here?
Vultaire: Go home and keep working. We don’t do this.. sleep thing *Scribbles in behavioural notebook*
Charles: Have you ever considered following the doctoral program? You’d be perfect for it…
“Months have passed. Its the first Friday night in the final month. much shit has happened. Vodka has a Tec 9, we test fired all of our babies, we have 6 time clocks ready, 39 crickets, 24 pipe bombs, and the napalm is under construction. Right now I’m trying to get fucked and trying to finish off these time bombs. NBK came quick. why the fuck cant I get any? I mean, I’m nice and considerate and all that shit, but nooooo. I think I try to hard. but I kinda need to considering NBK is closing in. The amount of dramatic irony and foreshadowing is fucking amazing. Everything I see and I hear I incorporate into NBK somehow. Either bombs, clocks, guns, napalm, killing people, any and everything finds some tie to it. feels like a Goddamn movie sometimes. I wanna try to put some mines and trip bombs around this town too maybe. Get a few extra flags on the scoreboard. I hate you people for leaving me out of so many fun things. And no don’t fucking say, “well thats your fault” because it isnt, you people had my phone #, and I asked and all, but no. no no no dont let the weird looking Eric KID come along, ohh fucking nooo.” 4/3/99
Genre: Full on smut, do not read if you are pure, dom!Jungkook, teacher!Jungkook, student!reader
Summary: Y/N gets caught talking in class
A/N: The 2nd smut I’ve written that was requested rather than me just adding it in because I felt like it! I hope you enjoy, and don’t hesitate to tell me if I need to fix anything! ~Admin Unnie
“Why is he so attractive?” I turn to look at my
best friend who was looking at our college professor. Now he wasn’t the
typical, old professor. He’s working part time with the school while he goes
through grad school, so he’s very close to our age. So it’s not weird that she’s
“Why aren’t you paying attention in class?” I ask
her. “Is your plan to fail this class so you have to take it again next
“Yes.” She says, no hint of a joke on her face.
“What if he’s not teaching this class next
“Ms. Y/L/N! Why are you talking during my class?”
I look up and meet Mr. Jeon’s gaze. “Well, according to the clock, it’s time
for you guys to go anyway. Ms. Y/L/N, if you could stay after class so I can
speak with you.”
I took my time putting my books away as my
classmates rushed to leave. “You are so lucky to get to stay after with him. I’m
so envious.” My best friend says as she left the room.
“Care to explain why you were talking during my
class?” Mr. Jeon asks as I walked up to his desk.
“I was answering y/bf/n’s question, sir.” I answer
as I lean against the wooden surface.
“And may I ask what was so important that you had
to answer it right then?”
“She wanted to know why you were so attractive.” I
say, not bothering to lie or beat around the bush.
“And what did you tell her?” He asks while
smirking at me, leaning closer.
“Well I definitely didn’t tell her why I find you attractive.” I look up at him
He smirks again and walks over to the door. “It’s
a very good thing neither you nor I have a class right now.”
“And why is that?” I ask just as he turns the
“Because I believe a punishment is in order.” That’s
right, I’m fucking my professor.
FINALLY went and saw Beauty and the Beast today...
… and I feel like there are some thing that I should bring to your attention.
- “belle” was so wonderful and colorful and just exploding with creativity
- there was literally a harry potter reference iM DEAD
- i genuinely like Gaston?? like he doesn’t seem bad at all until the end?? when she denied him he literally just backed off??
- belle’s weapon of choice is a stick so
- “so let’s go to the east wing, or as i like to call it, the ONLY wing” lumiERE YOU’RE NOT SLY
- okay the scene with lumiere right before “be our guest” was amazing
- “if the master finds out what you’re planning, he’ll blame it on me!” “yes i’ll make sure of it”
- “a broken clock is right two times a day, but this is not one of those times”
- “mm, i don’t have taste buds but I’m sure this is exquisite!”
- oh and lumiere dabbed
- belle being So Done with adam for the entirety of the movie
- honestly i just loved plumette like she was so cute
- gaston (the song) made me want to dance on top of tables so
- belle’s little giggles after the beast walks away from her in the library
- FRICKIN EVERMORE.
- lefou’s slow but AMAZING character arc (”i was on gaston’s side but we’re in a bad place rn”)
- maurice’s conversation with d’arque killed me omg
- “grandmother?!” yeah you go mrs potts attack everyone
- belle being SUCH a badass during the fight scene
- tbh i wasn’t ready for gaston’s death i just wanted a character arc
- okay so was no one weirded out by agatha just standing there?? like did belle not notice that there was some creepy lady staring creepily at the rose and making creepy faces?
- uM i wasn’t okay with the dog being upside down fight me disney
- but the scene where they’re all freezing and the scene where the curse is lifted was SO CUTE aH
- i have SO MUCH to say about LeFou because omg he was so cute with gaston but that little tiny part at the end when he was dancing with that other dude was amazing
-okay but prince adam’s growl at the end had me so shook? boi who gave you the right? i was not prepared?
- emma and dan belle and prince adam are legit goals. the dancing scene at the end was wonderful (”how do you feel about growing a beard?”
- WHERE TF WAS HUMAN AGAIN? LIKE DID THAT SONG NEVER EXIST? WAS THAT SONG A MASS HALLUCINATION?
- also same at madame garderobe for always carrying around her dog
- okay. let’s talk about how many diverse characters there were including a mAIN CHARACTER BEING GAY AND ADORABLE. like the librarian was supposed to be an elderly white man but nAH HE’S AFRICAN AMERICAN AND YOUNG
- basically disney hit it out of the park and i am now in love with this movie ant it’s cast