Cloak of the Sun
A simple spell of protection and confidence
You’ll need a sunny day and very basic visualization skills. (I myself am terrible at visualization, but this spell uses external sensations to support you. It’s visualization easy mode.) Optionally, a pin or a pendant, especially one that hangs at about collarbone level, can be used as a “cloak clasp”.
- Stand in direct sunlight, facing away from the Sun.
- Close your eyes and feel the warmth on your back. Focus on its power. This is the source of all life on Earth. With it you can do anything.
- Visualize this power as a covering garment. Mine tends to be glittering gold; yours might be red fire, or white light, or a shimmer in all the colors of a sunset. Make it your own.
- Draw the cloak over your shoulders to meet in front, and over your head like a hood. Be enveloped in its power. Burn away anything that might do you harm.
- If you’re using a “clasp”, put it on now. Imagine pinning the cloak to it, to keep it in place. This provides a tangible reminder of the cloak’s presence, and I find it helps to maintain it and to remake it next time.
It’s amazing how much better I feel after a day with my cloak on!