Could you post some studying tips? Thanks in advance! 💕
Okay so here is some real ass shit that has helped me get through my classes. I’m not the best at studying but here we go!
1. Find out what your learning style is (click here to take a quiz & find out!) -knowing how you percieve information the most effectively is super important if you wanna be successful. You wanna study in a way that YOU can understand. Flashcards don’t work for everybody kiddo.
2. 1 Notebook = 1 Class - organization while studying is what will keep information clear in your head. This has always been a golden rule of mine throughout my entire middle school, high school, and college career. Dedicate a specific notebook for each of your subjects so that notes are easy to look back on. If you get handouts back from a class, I suggest glueing it into the notebook as well! If you don’t like notebooks, a binder with dividers is cool too.
3. ACTUALLY TAKE NOTES - do not be the slacker that takes a picture of the notes with their phone or just reads the slides at home. Just write the shit down dude. Writing shit down helps you remember information a whole lot better and that goes for everyone. I don’t care if it’s tedious. Skip the pics, they aren’t gonna be what saves you on an exam (struggling to know how to take notes? click here for a How To guide!)
4. Revise, Revise, Revise - revising is so important. Even if you don’t get full credit for going back and correcting your mistakes, you should always know what you did wrong so you can correct yourself in the future. Don’t just revise big assignments either, revise hw assignments and quizzes. It’ll help you learn the material if you didn’t get it the first time around and there’s no problem with that. This tip is probably the one that helps me the most.
5. Go to study groups - if your school has a designated lab or time for students to go in and ask questions or study together, go for it dude. Everyone’s gonna be confused but there’s gonna be people to help get your shit together so it’s no worries and hey if people aren’t your thing don’t EVER be afraid to go to your professor or teacher directly. They’re there to educate you, it’s what they’re being paid for. Don’t let your grades suffer because you don’t reach out to others for help! Getting help is a good thing!
6. Don’t wait til the last minute - just don’t do it dude. It is not worth half assing a study session at 1am right before your quiz in the morning. You won’t absorb as much information and I promise you that your body is gonna fucking hate you for not letting it rest. Take the time to study at least 30 minutes every day for the entire week leading up to whatever test you’re gonna take. I know it sucks but it had to be said honey, procrastinating doesn’t work all the time plus it totally isn’t punk rock.
7. Listen to music - there’s some sciencey shit behind this one but I can’t remember it aha. It’s supposed to help with the neuron dendrites axon synapsey brain lobey blah blah blah just (click here for 3 hours of classical kickassness!). Honestly gaming music helps me study too because it’s literally designed to keep you focused on tasks (click here, nerds). And hey if you’re into Studio Ghibli their music is PERFECT for studiyng imo (you know the drill)
8. Take care of yourself - TAKE A FUCKIN SIP BABE. Get yourself a tall glass of
rebull vodka water and some healthy brain food lvl shit to go along with it. You can’t expect yourself to absorb everything if your body is too busy focusing on taking care of it self because you’re too busy studying. Honestly just take 10 minutes before you start studying and grab an apple! I like to make smoothies and light an inscence stick or something just to make sure I’m 100% IN THE ZONE. Ya know? Do your chores or run those errands first. Then study. It just really helps when your body is taken care of and you don’t have other things to worry about.
9. Turn your phone off - oh the horror that comes with this one.. the texts, the calls, the snaps, the notifications, THE MEMES. How ever will you survive without them?! HOnestly? Pretty damn well actually aha. Just turn your phone off to garuntee you’re giving yourself the best oppertunity to study possible! Don’t cheat yourself out of a good study session by checking your phone constantly. Tell your textin buddies your busy and to send nudes after.
10. Reward yourself after - go out with friends or have a good, relaxing evening afterwards. Seriously. SPOIL YOURSELF GORL. You deserve it for studying your fanny off!!! This will keep ya motivated to keep studying throughout the week because you’ll be running on a praise/rewards system. This is more of a psychological trick but I mean it’s also just really nice to spoil yourself after a long day heh. Take it easy and remember to let loose once you’re done with all your studying for the day!
Well that’s all the tips I’ve got! Thank you for asking for help and I sure hope this list is what you needed to read! Best of luck sweetpea~ xoxo