Warnings: period-typical homophobia and antisemitism
Characters: Stella Rogers, Jane “Bucky” Barnes, Bucky’s family, Peggy Carter, Howard Stark, Tony Stark, Sharon Carter, Samantha Wilson, Natasha Romanov, Howling Commandos
Additional Tags: Rule 63, References to the holocaust, Gender or Sex Swap, Crossdressing, Body Horror
Summary: The third time Stella Rogers almost died, she was
nineteen years old. She had buried her mother the month before, and she
was living alone in their old drafty apartment when she caught
something that left her feverish and breathless. Bucky came over to take care of her, and never left.
do you have anything about trying to develop your style?
Style is always considered like some kind of supreme goal when it comes to artists and their work. And for good reason. It’s what defines our art and what makes us stand out from the crowd. Sometimes, though, we don’t always feel like our style is developing the way we would like it to. How do we guide ourselves? How do we reach the place we want to get to?
1. Practice the basics. Learn things like figure drawing, anatomy, and gesture drawing. Draw things as realistically as you can. Learn proportions. Just suck up as much information as you can. I find this to be very important because of what I will bring up in number two.
2. Pick out several pieces of art you love the most This can be everything from cartoons, anime, comics, sculpture, contemporary and classical art. Find things that resonate with you. Why do you like these particular works of art? Is it the colors? What about the composition? Maybe it’s the expressions. What ever it is take note.
3. Copy them Before you freak out and think I’m condoning art theft, I don’t mean trace their work and say it’s your own, just look at their art and redraw it for your own personal practice. There is nothing wrong with this. Art school students visit art museums all the time to learn from the work that is there. They redraw what they see in their sketch books. When your hand works the way that your idols do, you can sometimes feel a click in your mind like ‘Oh! I get it now!’. The thing is, you cannot post this sort of thing online and say you created it. This is for you and you only. It is for your private practice. Keep it in your sketchbook.
4. Try everything Say you really like the way an artist paints their work, but you have never done it before yourself. Just go at it! What about a style of digitally coloring? Try it! Try everything you can. This will help you definite what you like and what you don’t.
5. Surround yourself with other artists Join a group, ask if there’s a discord or skype group for artists on tumblr. Check out /ic/ on 4chan. Maybe some subreddits on reddit! Whatever it is, whatever you do, find people who are like you and interested in art. Support each other and share ideas! This is literally what painters in the past did. You’d be surprised to know who knew each other even if you’d never connected the artists in the past before.
6. Understand that art styles grow and change As you get older you might fall in and out of trends that you enjoy doing. Maybe for a time period you love doing digital painting, then maybe you decide to work with markers. Sometimes you draw really realistically and sometimes you draw cute chibis. Artists aren’t suppose to find a style and then be stuck with it forever.Our art grows and changes with us over the years!
Even famous mangaka grow and change! My favorite example is the art by Katsura Hoshino, the artist of D.Gray-Man.
Over the 10 or so years she’s been working on DGM the main character shows all the changes in her style!
Just remember to not force it. You can’t force your style. It’s something that comes naturally from consuming and drawing art. It is definitely not coming you can get in a week.
Summary/Request: James Barnes is the local neighbourhood cop known for saving cats from trees and walking people home at night. It just so happens that he lives in your apartment building, in the apartment across from yours.
SLBP KAI REINCARNATIONS (with a Yukimura x MC pairing)
Shingen & Kansuke
Shingen remembers first. He’s in
the military, and there’s a moment, when he’s leading his men (and women!) that
he just knows. It’s as natural and
comfortable as putting on a favorite piece of clothing – the transition between
not remembering and carrying all of the memories is effortless.
(Not without some pain over things
left undone and promises unkept, but, effortless)
First thing he does is start
seeking out the others. Kai was always, ever Kai because of the people who were
a part of it, and Shingen was who he was because of the people who surrounded
him, he has as much a duty to them in this life as the last.
Kansuke is next! Medical
researcher, life has always felt a bit…lacking, like he moves through a fog.
Fog finally, finally lifts when Shingen walks into his lab, grinning.
Mr Emotionless DEFINITELY CRIES
bet me on this
Anyway, Shingen finishes his
service and starts a business, because there are new ways to lead, and this
offers him a better opportunity to get out and about and find everyone.
So I just now found out, and decided to make a post about it for other people that also don’t know. About a month (apparently longer lmao oops) ago Fiction Press released its official app for Fanfiction.net for both Apple and Android. My first thought was “YES” followed by “it’s probably just as ugly and bad like the website.” well I was WRONG. And I am here to tell you about it under the cut.
Okay so this here is the first thing that pops up once you log in (scream, finally a fan fiction reader I can actually connect to my account.) I was surprised, it looks sleek. “Sure it’s pretty,but what about navigation?” You say. “WELL,” I reply, with the look of someone utterly satisfied with the subject of this conversation.
So first you can click on the magnifying glass and this search screen will pop up. Search history appears right below it. This is interesting because later I searched a user and it displayed this way (for the sake of this we’ll pretend I searched my profile)
I thought that was a nice touch, adding what you were searching. I don’t really recommend using this unless you’re searching a specific title, because much like on desktop, when I searched “dragonslayer” anything with the word in the title, descripton, or character list came up. It did, however, work to search for my profile.
This is the mobile app version of the traditional Category pick, click the read icon to get here. The screen you go to is listing every category by number of works archived, but click on a letter to look for something or scroll through the top listing to switch category. Also click the three parallel lines at the top of the screen to get a different version of the category listing.
Now lets say we searched a person (me)
This scrolls all the way to the bottom of my profile, and to look at my stories and favorites and things like that you click the link at the top! There are also docs features where you can write on the app if you want! The image manager can be accessed and images uploaded, and according to the twitter mobile publication is in beta, so maybe soon we’ll be able to publish from mobile! How convenient would that be?!
These are what the doc and image managers look like! And guess what! You can download fics!!! I mean, could it be any better??!! (It’s worth mentioning that story covers are turned off by default, so they all show the same picture. You can turn the cover feature on if you want, but before you do the app will warn you that this consumes a lot of band-width, or whatever.) I Haven’t checked out that “friends” thing yet, so I can’t really tell you anything about it.
Navigation for searching communities and forums are the same as searching the story.
And that concludes my review!! I hope it was helpful! All my dreams have come true!
That’s right I am going to make this the official starter
call. ( the other one got trashed somewhere and i can not longer reblog
it. ) With that in mind, feel free to LIKE THIS or REBLOG( if you are a sideblog ) so I know and can keep track of things. This is just another way for me to know that my lovely followers do not mind me doing;
random starters ( when i feel its right )
bomb your ask box
plot with you
( when i feel its right )
( when i feel its right )
i am a very friendly person and i would like to have
things with all of you guys! I love all my followers and as I stretch to
my next milestone I would like to be a bit more organized. Do not be
scared to come to me in IM or Skype with any sort of ideas you may have I
am open to hear a lot of it!