I hope you wake up early enough in the morning to put on your favorite outfit and make your favorite breakfast. I hope you find your skin clear and hair healthy. I hope you’re content with the way your body looks. I hope you find happiness in small things today. I hope that, even with your ups and downs, you are content with yourself.
As we go through puberty, sadly, every single one of us has to or has had to deal with the odd pimple, they can come at the most unexpected and worst time and unfortunately they can be quite noticeable and painful. These are a few tips to help reduce pimples and to keep your skin healthy and glowing:
Tip #1 Maintain whole body hydration.
The human body is 70% water- we need to maintain our hydration to ensure our body functions the way it should; this is how our cells remain nourished, our organs work properly and our bodily tissues (SKIN) keep moist and smooth.
You should aim to drink 1.5- 2L of water everyday
You can flavour your water with lemon, lime or mint to make your water extra tasty
Tip #2 Eat a healthy and clean diet.
It’s true.. we are what we eat.
Eat well-balanced nutritious food
Organic food especially gives the skin what nature intended for us
Choose low Glycemic Index (GI) foods!! Try and avoid carbs :(
Your skin loves essential fats- Omega 3,6,9 and antioxidants
Super foods packed with antioxidants:
Nuts and seeds
Tip #3 Stress less.
Cortisol levels rise (body’s stress hormone)
Oil production increases- can lead to oily skin, acne and other skin problems
Allow time for adequate sleep and relaxation
Exercise as much as possible (even just a 20 minute walk)
Tip #4 Maintain good basic skin care
Basic three step process:
Cleanse- Cleans the skin
Tone- Hydrates the skin
Moisturise- Protects the skin
Other important steps:
Exfoliation- Scrubs/peels removes dead skin and helps the renewal process
Eye cream and eye masks
Serums/medication for targeted concerns
Tip #5 Ensure your skin is always clean.
Wear minimal make up and insure you take it all off before you sleep (facial wipes are easy and quick)
Keep your skin always clean; away from dirt and germs. For this keep your hands off your face and ensure your pillow cover is spick and span.
All these tips are essential and fast effecting ways to get your skin to recover and glow!!!
This guide and these tips have been approved by a dermatologist.
If you’re suffering from acne and you want clear skin, just know that it’s not an overnight thing and it will take some time. It might even take up to three weeks for you to see any kind of drastic differences. You have to be true to yourself and dedicated as well. Below are some tips that I’ve combined from personal experiences as well as some tips from my dermatologist.
how to get rid of acne: a guide by ppl with clear skin
- wash your face every morning!! every night!! between meals!!! all the time!!
- shower at least once a day. even better, twice a day. why not three times a day? never stop showering. live in the shower
- eat nothing but bread crumbs and the occasional saltine cracker
- do this one weird exercise that will bend your spine in THREE DIFFERENT PLACES!!!
- just :)) relax :)) never be stressed ever :)) calm down :))
- don’t sweat. just stop sweating. suck the moisture out of your skin if you have to.
- massage yourself with apples!! bonus points if you have a friend do it for you
- just eat this incredibly expensive rare fruit that only grows on the top of a supposedly dormant volcano in hawaii!!! make sure you cut it into thirds first!!!
- rub this satanic zombie goop on your face. now guranteed to clean those pores WHILE scaring the shit out of everyone around you
- put your face over a pot of steaming hot water!! does it burn? that’s good!! keep going!!! wait until your skin begins to peel off!!! tada no more acne!! :)))
- use st. ives!! rub it all over yourself while reciting the lord’s prayer!!! leave it on over night! never take it off