Divination Drinks: Teas to Aid in Divining
Divination in all of its forms (tarot reading, tasseomancy; palmistry; pendulums, etc,.), can be quite exhausting and require large amounts of energy. These teas and tea blends will aid you in divining by enhancing your psychic power, and/or boosting your energy.
Psychic Tea (Scott Cunningham)
- 3 parts Rose Petals
- 1 part Cinnamon
- 2 parts Yarrow
Brew the tea, strain it and drink a cup before performing any form of divination as this tea enhances psychic awareness.
Tea for Divination (Moura)
- 1 tbsp China black tea
- 2 tbsp Lemon Balm
- 1 tbsp Rose Hips
- 1 tbsp Mugwort*
Brew the tea, strain it and drink either before divination or sip during/throughout.
- Jasmine is said to induce prophetic dreams, which can aid in the growth of psychic power and psychic awareness making this tea a good choice of drink to be had before divining.
- Drink 1 cup of this naturally sweet and fragrant tea before sleeping the night before you wish to divine.
- You can brew your own or buy ready-made Vanilla tea/tea bags. Vanilla enhances psychic ability and allows the benefits of this enhancement to be better felt and absorbed.
- Drink Vanilla tea before and during any divination work to open yourself up and be more receptive.
- Peppermint tea heightens your psychic sensitivity, as well as working to clear the mind and sharpen focus. It can also be used to cleanse the mind and body of any negative energies beforehand.
- This tea should be consumed before any psychic or divination based activities.
Some Other Things to Consider:
Some herbal tea blends may not be to your taste but this can be remedied by adding honey to taste.
Other herbs, such as Cinnamon, are used to add oomph to magick and can be added to tea blends and teas to do just that. If you don’t want to add pre-ground and grainy Cinnamon to your drinks, you can use a Cinnamon stick to stir instead. This will add the oomph you’re after without altering the taste too much.
If you want to make your brew even more potent, stir clockwise. This adds positive energy to your tea.
[* = This herb is harmful to pregnant or nursing women!]