Blueberry-Banana Oatmeal Sundae Recipe
FROM CLEAN EATING MAGAZINE’S WEBSITE:
- ¾ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2/3 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- In a medium bowl, whisk oats, coconut and flaxseeds. Add yogurt, milk, maple syrup and cinnamon and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (8 to 16 hours).
- Meanwhile, in a small container, combine banana and blueberries. Cover and freeze overnight (8 hours minimum). If using frozen blueberries, add to banana mixture in step 3.
- In a food processor or blender, blend banana-blueberry mixture, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl, until smooth and creamy. In small bowls or clear glasses, layer oatmeal mixture and banana-blueberry mixture, dividing evenly.
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes (plus chilling time)