a spell to help cleanse and declutter any area or aspect of your life, leaving you with the perfect degree of minimalism for you.
☽ w h a t y o u w i l l n e e d ☾
• one white candle of any scent, size, or shape
• a piece of paper
• a pen or pencil
• (optional) clear quartz of any shape or size, the clearer the better
☽ s t e p s ☾
(note: i prefer to do this during a new moon as a representation of new beginnings, and this spell will be more powerful during a new moon, but other than that the lunar phases should not affect this spell.)
1. (optional) reflect on what it is you wish to declutter with a clear quartz near your heart or head for clarity. this clarity will aid you when you need to think clearly about what is it you need, want, and will discard.
2. write down whatever it is you wish to declutter, whether it be your room, your mind, your closet, etc. or something much more specific, such as the middle shelf of your bookcase.
3. light the candle closest to whatever it is you will be decluttering.
4. let the candle burn for a minute, and quietly observe the flicker of the flame. once the minute is up, place the paper you’ve written on over it, and let it burn. snuff out the candle once you’re done and let the smokey intent cleanse the area.
5. begin decluttering, and hold your clear quartz if you begin to feel overwhelmed. throwing out trash and taking out plates, cups, or other silverware is the best way to ease into this spell’s effect. you can move onto bigger messes later.
☽ n o t e s ☾
• sigils burned alongside the paper can be used in conjunction with this spell.
• this spell lasts until you go to bed, and can be repeated as many times necessary.
• this spell can be used as a foundation for a more specific, personalized decluttering spell. the clear and white colors allow for mixing and creativity to your heart’s content.