So this is the playlist my sister and I created for the tv show Jericho. Some of the songs were actually used on the show, others are just ones that we think fit the series.
1. All These Things That I’ve Done by The Killers - Not only the first song used in the show but also a great fit lyrics wise, the line “I got soul but I’m not a soldier” becoming a bit of a mantra towards the end when they’re all fighting for their town. I also love that it says “Is there room for one more son?” right when Jake is coming in to town on the train.
2. Radioactive by Imagine Dragons - Obviously, the radioactivity from the nuclear bombs, but also more specific parallels such as even talking about prison buses, raising flags and revolution.
3. Winter Ghosts by JBM - A more eerie sounding one, talking about the storm coming after the blasts and later talking about the difficult winter that follows. The end talking about trying to comfort one another and fonder memories of “a life that ain’t coming back.”
4. Make A Move by Icon for Hire - This is a song more about the end of the series when Jennings and Rall is taking over and “trying to make it look like it’s all somehow getting better.” And its about how the townspeople of Jericho know something’s not right but “Everybody’s so scared, we don’t want to go there, we don’t want to make a move… I play along like I don’t know what’s going on.”
5. Fallen by Vib Gyor - This is a really hopeful song about when everything’s going wrong, the way the citizens of Jericho must feel, that they realize they have to just keep going with life, not give up. It can also be specifically about Jake with the lines “I won’t fall this time, I’m not going anywhere, I’ll be right here by your side,” with his history of leaving.
6. Don’t Tread On Me by Kit & The Outlaws - Tribute to Johnston Green and his favorite flag. Good old rock and roll track.
7. The End Is Where We Begin by Thousand Foot Krutch - An Emily/Jake song. Beginning talks about how Jake has changed and then that the end of the world is where their relationship begins.
8. The Last Time by Taylor Swift featuring Gary Lightbody - Ok, I know some people don’t like Taylor, but hear me out, this is a GREAT song for Emily/Jake, it fits them perfectly. It’s two people with a painful history, the girl is tired of dealing with the guy who leaves and breaks her heart then comes back. It’s also got this really great guitar part in the middle that sounds very “Jericho.”
9. Feel Again by OneRepublic - This was our “happy song” for the cd the way there are random corny happy songs at chill moments in the show, haha, but it’s a good one. It can also be about Stanley/Mimi, about how both of them, specifically Mimi, have had a hard time in relationships but when they find each other, their hearts learn to feel again.
10. I Can Help by Billy Swan - An oldie but a goodie, this is Jake’s song. Everywhere he goes, the man is helping anybody and everybody.
11. Lightning Bolt by Jake Bugg - Lyrics don’t really fit the show except talking about grey mornings and sirens, kinda hinting at disasters, but the sound is really good for Jericho, especially the guitar break in the middle.
12. 9 Crimes by Damien Rice - The saddest song on earth, the song that played when they found Mimi beat up and Bonnie dead. Sorry for the sad feels.
13. Kountry Gentlemen by Family Force 5 - Even though Kansas is technically in the Midwest, this funk rock song about guys from the South makes me think of when the guys (and girls) of Jericho are fighting off New Bern, protecting their land.
14. Ghost Towns by Radical Face - Another eerie song, this one about life in a new, broken world. “I’ve got no need for open roads ‘cause all I own fits on my back.” Can also be about Roger, Emily’s fiance, because he was sent out on his own with the other refugees and the song talks about, “I miss you but there’s no coming home with a name like mine.”
15. Poison and Wine by The Civil Wars - Song for Robert and Darcy Hawkins and their strained relationship. “Oh I don’t love you, but I always will.” Especially fitting is the man’s line, “You only know what I want you to,” and the woman’s reply, “I know everything you don’t want me to.”
16. Uprising by Muse - Song about the end of the series when everyone starts suspecting they are being fed lies and decide to stand up.
17. Taking Care Of Business by Bachman Turner Overdrive - Another one that fits what we think of as the “sound” of Jericho, a song just about their everyday lives and getting things done.
18. This Is War by 30 Seconds to Mars - The pending revolution, the war to come.
19. The Jericho Suite by David Lawrence - 9 minute version of the score from the show.
Hope you like it! And feel motivated to share your own song ideas and make your own cds!
“My soulmate slipped away last night. She was a fantastic, loving mother to our three beautiful children.
"She will be missed as a wife, sister, aunt, daughter and granddaughter. She will live on in our memory, as a guide and inspiration.
"Myself, my parents Janice and Julian, along with Rebecca’s parents Lesley and Stephen, would like to thank our families, friends and my club colleagues who have rallied around in these desperate days, weeks and months.
"I would also like to express my gratitude for the dedication and expertise of the staff led by Professors Johnstone and Clarke at the Royal Marsden. Their valiant efforts to prolong Rebecca’s all-too-short life will not be forgotten.
"Our grief, as a family, is total. We would appreciate being allowed to mourn privately.”
Rio Ferdinand on the sudden loss of his wife. Royal fandom, in all this hype please think about this tragedy.