Bon’s Midnight Screechings: 3x06 ‘A Malcolm’ (2 of ?)
- Jamie’s face as he looks up at her and says ‘…..Claire’. BEG YOUR FUCKING PARDON WITH THOSE BEAUTIFUL HEART EYES. YOU CAN SEE THE OUTLINE OF THE HEARTS
- THE ALEPOT!!!! THEY KEPT THE ALEPOT!!!
- HE ASKS HER PERMISSION TO TAKE HIS WET TROUSERS OFF OMFG!!! IT’S SO AWKWARD AND I WANT TO ROLL AROUND IN THE CUTENESS ANS SWEETNESS
- TOUCHING THEIR RING—”I never took it off”
- I want…I would—very much like to kiss you— THE HALTINGNESS!!! THE BARELY RESTRAINED LONGING!!! OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
- KILL ME WITH THE SWELL OF THEIR MUSICAL THEME DURING THAT KISS I AM OBJECTIVELY DEAD
- I SAW YOU SO MANY TIMES— this whole delivery was MAGICAL!! PERFECT SAmmy!!! “I would see you—smiling” (AND THE SMILE IN HIS VOICE AS HE SAID IT. HONESTLY ALL OF THIS . ALLLLLLLL
Don’t be afraid
There’s the two of us now
- AAAAAAAAND enter the season 3 winner of best cockblocker, my iodine deficient pal, GEORDIE WHATHISNAME!!!
- ORGIES IN THE SHOP!!!!! IT’S NOT EVEN NOON!!!
- I FUCKING LOVE THAT THEY BOTH CRACK UP!!!! THEY’RE THEIR OLD SELVES!!!
- JAMIE’S OFF TO A ROARING START IN TERMS OF THE DANCE WITH NO PANTS. HIs little mini dress look is PRECIOUS and AWKWARD and I FUCKING ADORE IT
- “Our child?” IN THE BOOK HE SAYS ‘THE CHILD’ AND I LOVE THIS CHANGE SO MUCH. SO SUBTLE BUT IT SPEAKS VOLUMES
- Oh man the exchange about the spectacles and the hair dye was so lovely and honest. Showing both of their insecurities—Jamie admitting his aging OH so wonderful.
- “Time doesna matter, Sassenach. You’ll always be beautiful to me”
- THE PICTURE OF CLAIRE HOLDING WEE BREE. I AUDIBLY MOANED “Oh!!” ((the first of many such instances tbh)))
- THE WAY HIS VOICE BREAKS ON ‘Her name?”
- “Brianna….What an awful name for a wee lass” I FUCKING HATE THIS IN VOYAGER AND I’m NOT A SUPER BIG FAN HERE BUT AT LEAST THEY RECOVERED QUICKLY
OKAY HERE’S THE THING
- I LOVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE that they had Jamie tell Claire immediately about William. Oh my god I gasped and windmilled my arms around like CUHRAZY.
- I LOVED the honesty of the moments between Jamie and Claire, where Claire asked if he loved Willie’s mother. Those moments were wonderful, and it felt so true to character, much more so than Jamie keeping it to himself for months
- RED HAIR LIKE HER SISTER, FAITH —I LOST MY FORKING MIND, YA”LL. THE FACT THAT JAMIE STILL THINKS OF FAITH AS HIS DAUGHTER, HIS BABY, JUST AS REAL AS BREE!! OWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!
- God, I really do feel like this took away from the impact of learning about Bree.
- We didn’t get the falling over onto Claire’s shoulder and weeping/completely overcome, which is one of my favorite things about that scene in Voyager
- We didn’t get that sense of AWE and THUNDERSTRUCKness from the photographs themselves
- I really don’t like that they brought the bikini conversation up to this scene. I loved in the book how it was just about Bree’s childhood and the longing for those lost years, without caveat.
- We saw Jamie light up about Willie more than Bree. And….WOW that really throws me for a loop, because as William-positive as I am, this should be about his child with Claire above all.
So…. REALLY MIXED BAG HERE. REALLY REALLY REALLY mixed. Probably the one thing I would say was a letdown for me in the episode.
And trust me, I do NOT say that lightly
MOVING ON THOUGH!!!
“You’ll….you’ll come with me? “
“Wild horses couldn’t keep me away”
next installments under the tag: A Malcolm Screechings