These are my headcanons for what happens with the surviving characters after the finale. If you have your own headcanon please just reblog and add yours because I would love to read them!
- When Claire meets with her mom again is a very emotional encounter because she still feels responsible for the car crash but her mom tells her it was never her fault and she can finally let the guilt go.
- Sawyer meets his daughter Clementine. At first Cassidy didn’t want him around her but then she finds out it was Sawyer who left all that money to Clementine’s name and realises he always cared about her in his own way and gives him a chance. To Cassidy’s surprise he ends up being a great dad.
- Aaron grows up to be an amazing musician and when poeple congratulate him Claire always says “he gets that talent from his dad”.
- Kate and Sawyer remain best friends for the rest of their lifes and they confort each other when they miss Jack and Juliet.
- When they leave the island Aaron still thinks Kate is his mom and she and Claire decide to rise him together as the son of both. They live together and Aaron simply has two moms now.
- Claire actually has Charlie’s DS ring (we know Sun found it so let’s assume she gave it to Claire off camera) and when Aaron is older she gives it to him and explains his daddy was a hero who died to save all of them.
- Sawyer starts using his real name “James Ford” and asks to never be called Sawyer again. When Kate’s asks why the change he answers “I don’t need to pretend to be something else, not anymore”.
- In the island Hurley gets rid of the stupid old rules from Jacob and now people who live in the island are allowed to leave if they want to or go to the mainland from time to time to visit their friends and family. Hurley himself goes very often to visit the rest of the gang.
- Kate travels to Seul every year for Ji Yeon’s birthday and gives her a present. And Hurley uses his new powers to have an eye on Ji Yeon and make sure she’s well and happy.
- Desmond and Penny don’t need to hide anymore so they stop living in the boat and they buy a house near to Claire’s and Kate’s. Aaron and little Charlie grow up to be best friends.
- Penny meets with Eloise Hawking and learns Faraday was her half-brother. She decides to honor his memory and uses her wealth to start “The Daniel Faraday Foundation” which provides young scientists with resources to further their investigations. Eloise publishes Faraday’s investigations and he will be remebered in the science community as a genius.
- After leaving the island they all thought the sassy Miles wouldn’t keep in contact with them but they were wrong. He often visits Sawyer and keeps calling him “boss” or “LaFleur” to annoy him.
- After Hurley and Ben bring adult-Walt back to the island he talks with the ghost of his father and helps him to move on so Michael is no longer stuck there.
- Walt lives the rest of his life in the island and eventually becomes the new protector of the island after Hurley.
- When he is an adult the island “calls” Aaron because he was born there and he lives his own crazy adventures.
I understand that other fans don’t have to like my fave characters and I respect that. But I can’t understand why so many people who hate Kate use as a reason that she calls Aaron “her son”. Like, yeah, she took care of a baby that was separated from his mom and loved him like he was her own, what a monster!
Çocukluğumdan beri, her şeyin sonunu görüyorum. Her insanın ölümünü. Onların son anlarını. Böyle bir şey insanı yalnızlığa ya da deliliğe götürebilir. Ama bu kadının ölümünü göremiyorum. Gizemli bir kadın. Güçlü. Zamanın ilerisinde. Meydan okuyor. Elimden geldiğince zamanını çalıyorum. Geri çevirdiğinde, daha umutsuz önlemlere başvuruyorum. Aşkın zaman hakkında hiçbir şey bilmediğini öğrendim. Günlerimi bu kadınla tüketiyordum. Kim kaderine karşı gelmek için yaşar ki. Kendime karşı gelmek daha iyiyken.
Since I read the beginning of another one this morning, here’s the parallel I think seems to be ignored in every OUAT/Lost theory I’ve read…
(Contains Lost spoilers)
So, a major theme that Lost and OUAT is fate/destiny. In OUAT the characters always try to fight back or make their own fate. In Lost, they had the choice to embrace their fate or not.
Right from the very first episode of Lost, they seemed to be setting up Jack and Kate as endgame, right? There was no question that they loved each other, they even got engaged. But they weren’t endgame.
In the end Saviour Jack’s fate was to die (they didn’t even try to hide the Jesus metaphor there, did they?). Jacob = God, Man in Black = the Devil, Jack = Jesus, dying to save everyone else. On the surface, it would seem that Emma is a parallel of Jack, but I’m not so sure that’s where they are going…
The other half of that ship was Kate. They weren’t so in your face about what her fate/destiny was, but if you watched, it was there. And it wasn’t Jack.
Another constant throughout that entire show was Kate and Claire’s relationship. Charlie was Claire’s soul mate, not many would argue that, but what did Charlie do? Right, died. (In one of the saddest TV deaths of all time, I swear, but that’s beside the point).
If you watch Kate, especially in the later seasons, everything she does is motivated by Claire and Aaron (Claire’s son, for those who haven’t watched it).
When Claire is unable to care for Aaron, and disappears, what does Kate do? Takes him off the island and becomes his mother. Read: Aaron has TWO moms… his blonde birth mother (who would have given him up for adoption if the place didn’t crash, don’t forget) and his brunette adoptive mother who has a past filled with crime and murder she’s hiding.
But that wasn’t the giveaway. In season 6, the infamous flash sideways season, it’s not Jack or Charlie that Kate and Claire meet first, it’s EACH OTHER. That was the big clue that their roles in each other’s lives were important.
But then as season 6 goes on, what is the ONLY reason Kate would ever leave Aaron and return to the island? It’s not because Jack was incredibly persistent (even though he was), it was because she had the chance to save Claire. She states this several times and is unwilling to leave Claire behind.
And how does fate play out for Kate and Claire? They leave the island TOGETHER. Now, we don’t get to see what happens to them after the fact, but we know Kate has Aaron, which means we can reasonably deduce that Claire does not return to Australia, and instead goes home with Kate.
Kate and Claire were fated to be together. That storyline was never explored fully, and if there were one thing that OUAT could take from Lost and expand upon, it would be that relationship… two women connected over the same child who save each other. (Arguably Kate saves Claire more often, but Claire does save Kate from the smoke monster in season 6… there could be more examples, but I haven’t started my Lost rewatch yet).
Neal, h00k and h00d were poor substitutes for Jack, Sawyer and Charlie, but Emma, Regina and Henry could very much be based off of the Claire, Kate and Aaron dynamic.
That trio was endgame in Lost. That still leaves me the smallest glimmer of hope that the Swan Mills family is endgame on Once. (The glimmer is small because A&E didn’t actually write Lost, they only wrote some epsidoes. And also they can’t be trusted to tell a good story, so there’s also that…)