Their new plot of land was an orange grove, a five minute walk from the sea. The bite of citrus mingled with salt on the air. Will breathed deep and it burned. Far from Havana and her lights, it was easy to imagine they were the only souls left in the world.
On their first evening in that new place Hannibal picked great overflowing baskets of citrus, mounding them high on the kitchen counter. Will thumbed at the rinds, biting into them with his nail.
“We’ll have fresh juice every morning,” Hannibal said.
Will lapped bitter sweetness from his skin.
The wound on Will’s cheek had healed over in the months following that fateful evening, the easy tug of scar tissue a ceaseless reminder. Phantom blood still lingered on his tongue.
“Would you like to talk about what happened?” Hannibal asked one evening. Sun cut across his face in deep white lines.
Will didn’t know quite where to begin. “No thank you,” he replied.
Hannibal didn’t push the conversation. Perhaps words didn’t need to be spoken.
Days all melted together, a soft haze of salt and sun. Will’s beard grew and his skin darkened. He thought about killing a lot.
Prices are 3.75 for 2 oz, 5.50 for 4 oz, and 9.25 for 8 oz.
Reminder: These products are 100% natural, handmade, and organic! There are no additives or chemical colorants! Also, they are scented with 100% all natural essential oils, and they are colored with mica pigments, oxides, or hand-crushed flower petals. Jojoba oil, grape seed oil, and vitamin E oil are added to leave your skin silky smooth. They also contain epsom salt, which helps relax the body.
I’m very excited to have added all these new products! I hope you all enjoy and decide to try them out sometime! <3
The distinct flavor of fennel and a zesty twist of red grapefruit pairs well with sweet, tender sea scallops. This is an ideal starter or main course for a quick, easy and elegant meal.
TIME TO TABLE: 10 minutes prep, 20 minutes cooking.
INGREDIENTS: 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 bulb fennel, sliced ½ medium onion, sliced ¼ cup vegetable or chicken stock Segments of 1 Paramount Citrus red grapefruit, chopped 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or other high heat cooking oil) 8 sea scallops, cleaned and patted dry 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed juice from a Paramount Citrus red grapefruit ¼ teaspoon salt, divided Fennel fronds for garnish (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil over medium-high in a large skillet. Add the fennel and onions. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown and soften. Add the stock and stir to deglaze the pan, cook for 1 more minute. Reduce the heat to low.
2. Add the grapefruit segments and an 1/8 teaspoon of the salt to the skillet. Stir and cook for about 1 minute, until all ingredients are warmed. Remove from heat.
3. In a separate large skillet, heat the avocado oil over high. Sprinkle the scallops with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon of salt and place, salted-side down, in the skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until browned and opaque. Drizzle the red grapefruit juice over the scallops. Remove from the heat.
4. To serve, divide the fennel and onions onto two plates. Top each with four scallops. Garnish with fennel fronds before serving, if desired.
We wanted to create something to remind players of the city-states in FFXIV so we carefully crafted these scents into existence in the form of soy wax candles and Goat’s Milk soap. So far, the community has received them well and we are so thankful for the support. It really means a lot to us!
Crustless Quiche with Garden Peppers and Lemon Garlic Sauce
Make your spring brunch more exciting with this light and flavorful quiche! It is topped with a zesty lemon garlic sauce that sets it apart from other savory breakfast favorites. Enjoy it alone, or pair it with a fresh green salad or cup of soup.
TIME TO TABLE: 10 minutes prep, 40 minutes baking.
INGREDIENTS: ¼ cup chopped yellow bell pepper ¼ cup chopped orange bell pepper ¼ cup chopped Anaheim pepper 2 green onions, sliced ½ cup provolone cheese 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley 5 large eggs 1 cup milk Zest of 1 Paramount Citrus lemon ½ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon garlic powder ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Lemon Garlic Sauce: ½ cup sour cream 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed juice from a Paramount Citrus lemon Zest of 1 Paramount Citrus lemon 1 teaspoon grated fresh garlic
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch pie pan with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
2. Sprinkle the bottom of the pie pan evenly with the peppers, green onions, cheese and parsley.
3. Add the eggs, milk, lemon zest, salt, garlic powder and black pepper to a blender. Puree for 20 to 30 seconds, until the ingredients are blended and become frothy.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the pie pan. Place the pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the center of quiche is set and the top is slightly browned. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. To prepare the sauce, stir together the sour cream, lemon juice, zest and garlic in a small bowl.
6. Use a knife and carefully go around the edge of the quiche to separate it from the inside of the pan. Cut the quiche into 6 slices. Top each slice with about 1 tablespoon of lemon garlic sauce before serving.