luke would totally bone captain kirk and it’d piss so many people off….the drama that would form among gay space culture omg. they’d be feeling aftershocks from that hookup in their social circles for like 10 years
Lin would cry the day you were born but he would also brag a lot.
He’d shower you with gifts but he was also careful not to overdo it
Chances are, (depending on your age and whatever year you’d picture this for) you’d be friends with a lot of the Hamilton cast/ and or their kids
There’s no doubt about it you’d be a freestyling genius much like him and musically talented.
And Lin would be so proud of this
Lin’s heart would melt every time you called him ‘dad’
He is probably one of the most caring, sweetest, and involved father out there.
And if your mother wasn’t in the picture, Lin would be sure to work to fill in her shoes.
He would attend all your school events and extra curriculars too.
On mother’s day he would plan a brunch inviting his sister and mother over making sure you knew you weren’t alone when it came to the amount of females in your life.
Whenever he goes to Richard Rodgers Theatre or goes to work for whatever project he’s working on he is constantly pulling his phone out to show his fellow coworkers pictures of you
He can’t help it
But one thing is for sure, Lin would make sure you knew how strong of a woman you were. Being a strong activist for equal rights Lin knew how easy it was for girls in today’s society to feel weak and defeated by the powerful and he never wanted you to experience that. So he would make post-it notes and stick them in your lunchbox, on your mirror, and anywhere he could find with sayings such as…
“I am woman hear me roar!” “Though she be but little, she is fierce!” “A strong woman looks fear in the eye and gives it but a wink.” “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.”
And because your father is one of the most encouraging and inspiring figures in the world, not only in tweets but reality as well, he excels at giving the best, most needed pep talks when you’re down in the dumps.
Lin had you speaking Spanish as soon as you said your first word
Lin would practically document your entire life. He liked taping you and taking pictures while you were doing casual activities such as coloring, singing, dancing, playing with your dolls, running around the house, etc.
Tobillo basically being your best friend
That dog follows you wherever you go
Lin has thousands of videos from when you were learning to walk, practically waddling around and Tobillo was right on your heel the entire time following you.
The whole Hamilton cast would be obsessed with you
That girl loved you as if you were her own
And if you were old enough, you would join the Schuyler Sisters in their inbetween shows closet talk.
Sleep overs at Jasmine and Anthony’s while your dad is out of town
And they would absolutely LOVE having you over
You made them want to have kids that much more and Anthony loved taking you to the movies and Jasmine loved taking you out shopping
Speaking of shopping, Renee, Jasmine, and Phillipa are always spoiling you with the newest trends and what nots.
The Hamilton cast would be like another family to you
Always running around backstage with Groffsauce, who usually was assign babysitting duty.
The Schuyler sisters- as well as Leslie teaching you how to harmonize
Daveed loved helping you with your freestyling
You and him always got in heated battles- in good spirits of course
Playing childish games during intermission and between shows with Oak, Daveed, and Anthony.
Trying to braid your dad’s hair during his Hamilton days
Let’s be real, Lin would dedicate Dear Theodosia to you
And during Stay Alive (reprise) and It’s Quiet Uptown he had genuine tears pinching at his eyes as he fathomed the thought of losing you
But Lin would always run to you and spin you around every night after shows
The two of you would walk hand and hand together home and Lin would sing you to sleep every night
He’d love making you breakfast and basking in that domestic life
I could see him making some of the best pancakes in the world
And one morning when you were little, you convinced him to let you have a sip of his coffee
“Daddy, what’s that black stuff in there.” “It’s called coffee, bebé.” “Can I try some?” “Uh, I don’t think so, Y/n. You wouldn’t like it.” “Please, papi.” “Oh alright.”
Like he predicted, you hated it. The liquid burned your throat and young little you cried at the bitterness for at least a minute which broke Lin’s heart.
Lin would be the type of parent that would love to show you off to family and friends but when it came to posting pictures of you on social media, he usually made sure your face was covered, just to keep an element of privacy in his life.
But he does love tweeting stories about you or cute things that you do
Your childhood years would be a little hectic. Lin probably wouldn’t be around as much as he wants with filming, acting, composing and all but he would make an effort of a lifetime to be as involved as possible.
By your late teens you had already seen much of the world but that didn’t mean you were bored by any mean. Adventure was in your soul.
Lin would spend a lot of time with you during his time working with the film Moana. He liked to come to you to find inspiration.
Family trips to Disney World and Land
Lin is constantly trying to help you with his homework
“You know I was a teacher.”
Coming to him when you start learning about the American Revolution
“Well I mean you came to right person. I did write an entire musical about this stuff. Just use the album for a reference, it’s mostly accurate.”
Walking into your house one day after school infuriated as you set your pop quiz on the Schuyler Sisters in front of him, a large 9/10 circled with red pen.
“And I quote, I’m the oldest and the wittiest… My father has no sons… dad you cost me a perfect score! Why did you lie in the lyrics, I thought you said I could trust them!” “I’m sorry I forgot they had other siblings!”
Similar to your father, you swore like a sailor
Which also meant you were constantly getting scolded and death glares from your father who claims “He didn’t raise you to speak like that.” Even though you both know he did.
But honestly I could see Lin being into girl drama. Like when he picks you up from school and sees an annoyed look on your face he’d just shake his head and say,
“Spill the tea, honey. I’m ready!”
And on your bad days after dropping you off at home after school, Lin would drive to the nearest DQ and Chick-Fil-A and movie store returning home with gifts in toll.
He was one of the only people in the world you trusted enough to tell everything too
Dad jokes, so many dad jokes.
“Dad I’m thirsty. Do we have any-“ “Hi thirsty nice to meet you I’m Lin-Manuel.”
Being very close with your grandparents
Your grandpa teaching you how to cook
Your grandma would spoil you tbh
Girl talk with your Aunt Luz
Your dad would be really big on making sure you knew and understood the importance of equality and treating others with respect.
Weekly meals at their place where your grandpa is also telling tales
“You know pequeño, when your father was your age I couldn’t get him to shut up!” “Papi-“ “He was always doing his rapping, talking fast and never making sense but he had passion just like yourself so don’t you ever give up on yourself carino. If your father did he would not be where he is today- and neither would you.” “Thank you abuelo.”
And when you finally do make it, doing whatever or being wherever that may be, you’ll have Lin’s as well as the rest of your families support because Lin knows exactly what it feels like to have millions of people doubt you and laugh at you for doing the unexpected so his support will never run out.
When Lin finds out you have a passion for writing and composing, he immediately takes you with him for a daddy daughter date to the studio.
He pretends to be out of ideas for a song and you play along knowing it would be a lot less painful to take the easy path.
“Well there are a few different projects I’ve been working on lately. They aren’t too good… pretty shitty-“ “Y/n.” “Sorry… but uh, you can have a look I suppose.”
Becoming a co writer beside your dad on his next project
Going on walks and hikes together with Tobillo
But for real though Lin would be insanely protective over you
Like when it comes to you Lin always needs to know where you are and constantly has eyes on you
When you got your first boyfriend/girlfriend Lin would FLIP
You’d suddenly become a player in the game ’21 questions’ or more like 101 questions when it came to your dad
He demanded meeting your significant other and no matter the gender, he held his strong demeanor and hardly cracked a smile- well until he saw how happy you looked in their presence.
But eventually he’d come to term with it. Although he would always see you as his little girl, he knew you had to spread your wings and he was not about to hold you back from doing so.
And when you finally land a lead role on an upcoming Broadway show, Lin is ecstatic.
Every day he calls you to ask how rehearsals are going partly because he’s interested and excited for you but also because he remembers his restless days and nights where he’d come home so stressed he’d forget to eat for days. He didn’t want to see you go through the hardships he did.
Ironically enough the new production is held, opening night, in the same old theater you grew up in, Richard Rodgers. Home sweet home.
And on opening night you can guarantee your father is sitting front row with four bouquets of various flowers surrounded by all your family and friends as well as a handful of the original and new Hamilton cast.
And he would cry. A lot.
But he would also be that dad that right before the show starts, as the lights are dimming, he stands up and shouts,
His proud dad tweets would be never ending that night
After the production he was sure to be the first backstage and the first to hug you.
“You did it, you did it! I’m so proud of you, mi ángel. Congratulations!”
You’d be lying to yourself if you said your dad didn’t have a surprise party planned for after the play because he did.
Not to be a downer but there would be days where Lin would cry himself to sleep thinking he hasn’t done enough, or given you the life you deserve. He worked himself far too hard to make sure you had everything you could ever need and knew you were loved, but sometimes he couldn’t help but fear the worst.
Although at times he can be overbearing, you wouldn’t want it anyway else.
This was so fun to write oh my lord, hope you enjoyed!
Witchlings and Baby Witches, gather ‘round to learn how to cast a simple Circle. You may be wondering, “Why do we cast Circles?” and that can be easily answered! Most of the time, we cast Circles to create a sacred space where our spellwork and rituals can be conducted. There are other various reasons, but you can discover that with time, research, and practice. For this lesson, we are going to focus on creating that sacred space for you.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE CASTING A CIRCLE
**Circles can be cast alone or with others. If you are participating with other witches, you may want to print them off a “script” of what will be said and done that way everyone can participate. Change “I” in the script to “we”, “me” to “us”, and so on and so forth.
**Circles can be cast indoors and outdoors. However, I do caution you not to cast Circles without getting the permission of the person who owns said space, home, property, etc.
**You can decorate and dress up for your Circle casting. Using the appropriate colors, plants, stones, and meaningful objects can aid in powering your Circle. This, however, is not necessary.
**Decide in advance what will be done in the Circle. Make a plan of what you want to do inside your circle, whether it worship, prayer, spellwork, or meditation. Don’t feel rushed and take your time.
**Music may be used to accompany the Circle casting and rituals. I typically choose songs that don’t have words. (I get distracted easily by music.)
**Feel free to customize these words and tailor them to fit your own practices. You can substitute “walls and floors” with “foliage, stones, and ground” if you are casting outside. Names for Gods and Goddesses may be used in place of “Lord and Lady.”
**There is no right way to cast a Circle. There are many traditions that different witches use. Find what you like, experiment and customize your circle casting ritual.
**NOTE** This is just one example of how to cast a Circle (one I used when I was just starting out.)
TOOLS FOR CASTING THE CIRCLE
Candles, incense, matches (or a lighter), representations of the four corners, decorations, an athame (ceremonial knife) or wand.
BASIC CIRCLE CASTING
1. Ground and center, and then lay out where your Circle will be cast. This doesn’t have to be physically marked, but I have seen people use cord, chalk, and candles. (Note: using lit candles can be dangerous. Please take precautions when doing this. We don’t want anyone or anything getting hurt.) I used to create a small altar at the direction North with representations of the four elements.
2. Light incense and candles, and make your announcement: The Circle is about to be cast and I freely stand within to greet my Lady and my Lord.
3. Take one candle in hand and begin walking the Circle. Here, we are acknowledging the Four Quarters (North, South, East, and West.) We will stop at each direction and call out the corresponding greeting found below. For this, we will walk deosil around our Circle. To move deosil is to move in a clockwise (or sunwise) direction. Once you have finished acknowledging the directions, return to North.
–North: I call upon Light and Earth at the North to illuminate and strengthen the Circle. –East: I call upon Light and Air at the East to illuminate and enliven the Circle. –South: I call upon Light and Fire at the South to illuminate and warm the Circle. –West: I call upon Light and Water at the South to illuminate and cleanse the Circle.
4. Return the candle to its rightful place and raise the athame or wand into your hand facing North. Call out: I draw this Circle in the Presence of the Lady and the Lord that They may aid and bless me in my work.
5. Lower the athame or wand and walk deosil once more around the Circle, envisioning a blue light shoot out from the Circle’s boundary. Call out: This is the boundary of the Circle, around me, through walls and floors, above me and below me as a sphere is the Circle cast and consecrated to the Lady and the Lord that They may work with and through Their child, (your name/Craft Name). This Circle is charged by the power of the Ancient Ones! Only love shall enter and leave.
Begin your ritual, spellcasting, meditation, or any other word you wish inside the Circle. Within it, you will be protected. However, a word of caution: if you are a witchling, make sure you do not over exert yourself inside the Circle. Casting any magic can make anyone grow weary or tired, so be aware of how much energy you are expending. Like any magic, it takes time and practice. When you have finished your work, you will open your Circle.
OPENING THE CIRCLE
6. Take the athame or wand in hand both hands facing North. Call out: Lord and Lady, I have been blessed by Your sharing this time with me; watching and guarding me; guiding me here and in all things. I came in love and I depart in love.
7. Raise the athame or wand high in the air in salute. Call out: Love is the Law and Love is the Bond. Merry did I meet, merry do I part, and merry will I meet again. The Circle is cleansed.
8. Kiss the flat of the blade or the tip of the wand. Here, we will bid farewell to the Quarters and move widdershins. Widdershins, which can be spelled withershins, widershins, widderschynnes, appears to come from German and Lowland Scottish. In German, widersinning means “against the senses”, that is “not the usual”, or “against the grain.” For our purposes, it means to move counter-clockwise. So, we will go from North to West, South, and East. As you move, this would be the time to blow out candles if they are how you laid out your Circle. Once you have finished saying goodbye to the Quarters, return North.
–Depart in peace, Elemental Earth. My blessings take with you! –Depart in peace, Elemental Water. My blessings take with you! –Depart in peace, Elemental Fire. My blessings take with you! –Depart in peace, Elemental Air. My blessings take with you!
9. Raise your arms into the air with athame or wand in hand. Call out: Beings and powers of the visible and invisible, depart in peace! You aid in my work, whisper in my mind, and bless me from the Otherworld. Let there ever be harmony between us. My blessings take with you. The Circle is cleared!
10. Take the athame or wand in hand, and move widdershins once more around the Circle, calling out: The Circle is open yet the Circle remains as its magical power is drawn back into me. The Circle has been cleared. My ritual has ended.
11. Place athame or wand aside, and take a seat on the floor (you may also lie on your back.) Close your eyes and focus on grounding excess energy by touching your palms to the floor. Let the magic in the room (or outdoors) disperse and settle. Take a few deep breaths, open your eyes, and begin cleaning up your space.
I hope all of you find this helpful. Again, Circle casting can be completely tailored and customized for your needs, and you don’t have to cast one this way. It is meant to be a resource for those just starting out. If you have any questions, you can reach me via ASK or by messaging me.
This town has been on my “to visit” list for some time, and I’m not sure what took me so long to visit because oh my god? Absolute perfection. And that shouldn’t be a surprise since St. Grey and Wasser - the two towns I’ve visited already but have yet to make a post of… yet - are also amazing. Anyway, if you have time, you should definitely take a trip to experience this calm, early Autumn night in Circle!
crystal grids astound me because it’s like, i’ve got a lot of crystals, some of which are pretty big and expensive relative to my budget, but do I have 6 of the same $50 double terminated rose quartz point to arrange in a circle? do I have 10 identical moonstone teardrop cabochons? fucking no. how do people afford this
just had a dream about a game monster? i stg i thought it was real but it isnt. hes called the shaker (i have no idea why) and i dreamt about an extended game scene where youre in control of your character, watching as he approaches your broken down car at night. hes incredibly intelligent but he cant unlock your car, hes not a fukin cheater ok. he could easily get in if he wanted to though, but he would rather play mind games. he spends 5-10 minutes circling your car, trying the doors, sometimes just staring in at you without moving. hes pretty nonchalant about it? the whole time you have actions, such as the option to lock and unlock the car door on your side, hold the door shut, search for items in the glove box, etc.; all unnecessary actions literally all you have to do is wait for him to leave. last minute he pauses at the driver side window before smashing his palm against it (cracking but not penetrating, he could have smashed through the first time if he wanted) before leaving. i swear it was so vivid. the shaker is an asshole. i wish i knew more abt him lol.
I group my followers into 10 little circles and it almost never fails and I want you guys to see if it’s accurate or not so tag yourself with which one you fit into:
1. The Hamilton Circle (such pure blogs tbh)
2. The YouTuber Circle (usually Dan and Phil or Markiplier) I have so many phan blogs following me hello there
3. The Political Circle (usually have the words conservative, Texas, or anti blank pro blank in their username) have a lot of discourse
4. The Brandom Circle (yall are great)
5. The Edgy Circle (usually post pictures of Nazi flags but they’re usually pretty dormant hi guys)
6. The Emo Bands Circle (almost always twenty one pilots, my chemical romance, panic at the disco, etc.) (very similar to #2)
7. The Aesthetic Circle (you guys come out of nowhere I love you but how did you find this blog)
8. The Steven Universe Circle (bleeds into #9 a bit I’ve noticed)
9. The I’m Just Here For The Memes Circle (pretty self explanatory)
10. The 18+ Circle (yall are pretty chill but sometimes I’ll see one of you liked my post so I’ll go to your blog and BAM a penis)
If y'all don’t fit in any of these just tag yourself with 11 (miscellaneous)
Here is my home workout routine. I know a lot of trans guys want to work out but can’t go to a gym for various reasons and often feel discouraged so I thought I’d share what I do. If you don’t have dumbbells you can fill old milk jugs with water, sand, or gravel.
Circuit 1: Dynamic Stretches - Always warm up
Neck Rotation - 10 reps Shoulder Circles - 10 reps forward, 10 reps backwards Arm Swings - 10 reps forward, 10 reps backwards Side Bends - 10 reps each side Hips Circles - 10 reps Leg Swings - 10 reps each leg Double Leg Bounce - 10 reps
Circuit 2: HITT - Do all exercises back to back with no rest
Jumping Jacks: 30 Push Ups: 5 High Knees: 25 Burpees: 10 Crunches: 10 Squats: 10 Push ups: 5 Squats: 10 Jumping Jacks: 30 Wall Sit: 1 minute (break into shorter increments if necessary) High Knees: 25
Circuit 3: Weight Training - Complete 4 sets of 12 reps of each
Okay this is quite literally why I hate having This Discussion on my blog considering how my inbox just imploded a little. Let’s just peel back the door of reality for a sec and say Your Fave Is Prob At Least A Little Gross. Yes, you too, your Unproblematic Fave probably did at least one (1) gross thing in his life
Tbqh I don’t know who is and isn’t a Tr*mp supporter when we’re talking hockey players. Considering how there’s varying degrees from “We should be chill and love everyone and respect the government” blind complacency to full-blown “I wanna suck Tr*mp’s dick” love. Where we draw the line is up to us, but there’s kind of a reason why I don’t go digging through players’ social media
4 (8-ounce) cans Pilsbury Original Crescents 1 jar Nutella, warm 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF/175ºC. 2. Open 1 can of dough and mold into a ball, roll to about 1/8 -inch thick. 3. Use a 10-inch dish or pan to make a circle outline in the dough. 4. Spread chocolate-hazelnut spread over the dough staying within the 10 inch circle. Repeat this process 2 more times so you have 3 frosted 10-inch layers. Pile them on top of each other. 5. Repeat process for final can of dough but do not apply chocolate-hazelnut spread to it, place on top of 3 chocolate-hazelnut layers. 6. Use your 10-inch dish or pan once more to cover your 4 layers, use a sharp knife to cut excess dough and make 4 layers into a 10-inch circle. 7. Place a cup or mason jar in center of circle and use a sharp knife to cut layered dough into 16 equal parts or “petals”, leaving the center intact. 8. Next, Twist 2 petals away from each other, pull them out a bit past other petals and tuck them under themselves, pinching seams. Repeat this process for the rest of the petals. 9. Transfer onto baking sheet. 10. Whisk egg in small dish and brush star bread with it. 11. Bake for 28-30 minutes or until bread is browned and baked through. 12. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.