The entire team of Baahubali worked so hard for 5 years on the 2 films, so it’d be great if people didn’t disrespect the actors by recasting their roles. Also for the love of God, kill the rumors that the movie was first offered to Hrithik Roshan or John Abraham or whatever bollywood actor’s diminishing career you’re trying to validate. Here’s proof from Rana himself:
“Surprisingly it is quite difficult for people to believe that he was on board even before the script was done. I wanted to make this huge, epic war film for a long time and we didn’t have the script on hand, but somehow I knew that he was my protagonist. I used to tell him…I didn’t have the story so I didn’t have anything to tell him, but I used to tell him the kind of historical kings we had, the characterizations of Rana Prathap, the characterizations of Sivaji, of Sri Krishna Devaraya, of all of the kings of India. And I used to tell him that these are the lines that I’m thinking on and wanted him to play. He loved it, he loved the idea, and when I finally told him the story of Baahubali, and said that I would be needing him for one or one and a half year, he laughed and he said ‘You’re not going to make this in one and a half year, I know it will take more time, let it be two or three years, I’m there for you’ and he gave his dates without committing to any other film”
“The VFX was done with hollywood talent”
There were also so rumors that Baahubali utilized the same VFX team that worked on Jurrassic World which was denied by producer, Shobu Yarlagadda. One of the co-founders of Makuta VFX, which previously worked with Rajamouli on Magadheera, Maryada Ramanna, and Eega, stated: “
Most of Baahubali was developed in Hyderabad, home to Tollywood, and used local talent. It was principally a homegrown feature produced by homegrown talent.“
“Karan Johar came on board because Baahubali needed Bollywood money to be made.”
That’s not true. Arka Media Works produced both films. What started as a single film, shot simultaneously in Telugu and Tamil was then split into two after realizing the scope of the story. The Hindi version was not on the cards until Rana, who has bollywood connections due to his prior movies, pitched the film to Karan Johar and convinced him of its capacity to be a national phenomenon. Then only did Karan Johar come on board as a presenter. He certainly deserves credit for heavily promoting the film and grabbing bollywood’s attention by having his name attached but he was not involved in the film making process. Rajamouli has stated many times that if Prabhas committed to Baahubali by not taking on any other projects, Rana did so by being the team’s “mascot” and taking it to new terrain.
“Rajamouli enhanced the character of Devasena after the criticism of Avanthika in the first part”
I have my personal opinions about the character of Avanthika but in general some of the criticism the character received is valid. However, the character of Devasena was not changed in order to avoid the backlash. Devasena is the character she was since the film went on floors. When the movie was first started, it was supposed to be a single film which is why they began shooting with the flashback portions that are seen in the second part. This still, which is from a scene in The Conclusion, surfaced even before the release of the first part which shows that the story did not change much. Also, the team has stated in many interviews that they did not make any changes to the story after the response to the first one. They did make some changes in terms of editing and VFX but the characterizations did not change.
Tamanna has said before that she came on board pretty late into the making. Its highly likely that the character of Avanthika was added to bring some “masala” and appeal to a larger audience. If you consider the role of Avanthika, the film could have technically happened without her in the story but that is not the case for the strong characterization of Devasena which is the driving force of second part’s plot. This isn’t to excuse some of the issues with Avanthika’s character but just to say that it was a result of last minute tweaking and Devasena was not was an “afterthought”.
“The Hindi audience supported Baahubali more than the Telugu audience”
Obviously if we look at the numbers, the Hindi version did bring in more money than the Telugu Version. However, its really unfair to say that Telugu people did not support the film as much when it was us who saw its rise from being a rumored project to the sensation it is today. If you want to look at the numbers, just look at the stats of the Hindi audience vs. Telugu. The Hindi speaking population in India is almost at 50% whereas Telugu is around 8%. Then take into account people living in the diaspora and there’s no way we can compete. Also there is a huge audience that does not speak any of the languages the film released in and by default probably saw the Hindi version because its closest to their native language or the one they’re most familiar with. Either way, we shouldn't quantify support with BO numbers because the odds are always going to against non-Hindi speakers. Don’t take this victory away from the Telugu industry that has long been ridiculed in the national media for producing only “masala” films. Don’t make this about you, because its really, really not. oh and btw, STOP TAGGING BAAHUBALI CONTENT AS BOLLYWOOD
Its really easy for us to sit here and just say, ‘of course they all gave their time and dedication to this project, anyone, given the chance, would have. its a once in a lifetime kind of franchise’. But keep in mind that when the film first began production, it was seen as HUGE gamble that had the capacity to end careers if it had gone wrong. It’s because they committed to this project and worked day and night on it that it is what it is today, not in spite of it. So please don’t undermine their success and hard work by basically deeming them as replaceable and let’s give credit where its due.
Of course no cinema is without its faults but sometimes we just need to set aside our critical lens and lets ourselves succumb to the masterpiece in all its glory.
Also the team is full of genuinely kind and humble people who have racked up a lot of goodwill over the years in the industry and I couldn’t be happier that they’re the ones receiving all this success and glory because if it was anyone else, it probably would’ve gone to their heads.
and finally for good measure here’s an Instagram post from Rana, just in case you didn’t love these two enough already
Perhaps one day
The world will make sense
And we will meet again
On the corner by the cinemas
Maybe to start afresh
Or too take off from where we were
But for now
I’m sending my love to the stars
And I hope they return it down to you
As a ray of light, love and sweet guidance
Along the path you may be on now
‘…It’s a film that exquisitely queers the stiff-upper-lip emotions so central to the Merchant Ivory oeuvre. … few films have expressed quite so sweetly and nakedly the challenges of simply being a gay man…’
Sweet and naked indeed. ;-)
More great coverage for Maurice’s 4K restoration and US cinema re-release (starting tonight at the newly restored Quad Cinema, NYC: release schedule here).
I needn’t add that there’s plenty to take issue with in Lodge’s piece – from the headline claim, to ‘a tame entry it may be in the LGBT canon’ – but people in the Guardian’s comments thread have already done some of that good work
In particular, the background to Maurice’s ‘undervaluing’ in 1987 is more complex than anyone will glean from Lodge’s explanations. We’ll be hearing more on that subject in the discourse to come – including from Jim Ivory himself. But it’s genuinely nice to see the Guardian making 30th-anniversary amends for its own role in reducing Maurice’s chances of ‘reaching the audience it deserves’. In July 1987, theyhired top critic Richard Roud to throw cold water over Maurice before it had even premiered.
can I just point out that in something bad is happening/more racquetball when whizzer collapses and there’s a close up on him while marvin is singing you can see the fear in whizzer’s eyes and he looks like literally on the verge of tears and it just really,, broke my heart? like bye???
-well let’s just say having kim sanggyun as a boyfriend made your life turn 360 degrees
- like you used to love guys with a great sense of fashion but BAM
- when u met him, you swear that even when he just wears basketball shorts that you’ve seen him wear like 4x a week + some hoodie, he is still the most handsome (and sexiest) guy you’ve ever laid your eyes upon
- and you used to hate hiphop and rap songs cause you think they were too noisy
- but when you met atom, your playlist was suddenly full of eminem, kendrick lamar, chance the rapper, drake, lil wayne, j.cole,and some other rappers names you can’t even pronounce
- and you had no problem listening to Aminé’s ‘caroline’ for three straight hours
- But it was not only you who learned to love his hobbies
- like he also appreciate watching make-up tutorials and he can even recognize jefree starr and manny mua like THAT’S AN ACHIEVEMENT FOR SOMEONE LIKE KIM SANGGYUN
- and he listens diligently when you explain to him the difference of a bronzer and a highlighter
- like seriously???? You’re an idol you’re supposed to know these stuffs
- and he’s like nah, “i just let the noonas do my make-up while i play games on my phone”
- IS LAZY
- and when i say lazy, i mean R E A L L Y L A Z Y
- like you would go to their dorm at around 3pm cause he wasn’t responding to your texts only to find him still asleep!!! On the living room couch
- and he refuses to take a shower but when you say you’ll take a shower w/ him he runs faster than a lighting to get his towel
- and believe me showering with atom can’t just be a regular shower
- like he would go soap your back but suddenly his hands would wander to your sensitive spots and he would place soft kisses on your shoulders and he would pull your body closer to his and you prolly know where this is going, ok?????
- loves playing games!!!!!
-like league of legend, overwatch, starcraft you name it
- and although he prefers staying indoors, he also loves having outdoor dates w/ you
- but nothing really fancy or far since his schedule won’t permit it
- just simply watching movies at the cinema, and when he starts putting his hand on your leg you shot him a glare
- like WTF this is a very important scene ???
- and he’s like we can just watch it online !!! and proceeds to nuzzle his face on your neck
- and tbh, you just give in cause seriously, kim sanggyun is irresistible!!!!
- you also go night markets, tbh you’re dates are mostly during night bc idol life DUH
- and he’s really apologetic abt it and is like, “i know u have classes in the morning”
- and you’re like “NO!!!! My friend just texted and our class was cancelled”
- and ofc it’s a lie u just dont want him to feel guilty
- cause tbh, you don’t care what time it is
- Heck, sanggyun can go ask you out on a date at four in the morning and you’d be down for it
- is actually a very shy boy!!!
- like when u compliment him, he goes all smiles and lowers his head and he can’t look at you in the eye and if it not’s the cutest.thing.ever
- but you’re having sexy time he’s like a whole new person & he’s very bold but at the same time very careful cause he doesn’t wanna cross the line
- BUT BOY SANGGYUN HAS THE SOFTEST LIPS and you think you are addicted on kissing him
- And you kiss him whenever he is not prepared like when is playing games or writing lyrics
- and he’s like “ohhhh, are you challenging me??”
- but seriously, you’re relationship w/ atom is so chill like u can tell him anything from school stuffs to make up brand he prolly doesn’t have any idea abt and he does the same thing to you
- and you love him so much bc he is just really sweet and nice and you’re super proud of him!!!!!
Request: ‘Could you do an Isaac Lahy imagine where the reader and Isaac are at dinner with the readers parents and Isaac plays with her under the table and then more smut after dinner? Love your writing!!’
prompt: Isaac surprisingly teases you during dinner with your parents and as soon as they leave the house, things get heated
pairing:isaac x reader
A/N:finally finished! just two more weeks till I got winter break and then I’m gonna write lots of imagines so stay tuned! Btw thanks to the anon that requested this one for telling me you like my writing style! x
“Sweetheart, can you help me out for a second?”, your mum called from the kitchen. “I’m coming!”, you yelled back. You wanted to get up from the couch but your boyfriend Isaac held you back. You sent him an annoyed glare, telling him to let you go.
Isaac pouted and eventually let go of you. You got up and walked into the kitchen, where you helped your mother to get the food on the table. Isaac and your dad already sat down at the table as you brought the food into the dining room.
When everything was set up, all of you sat down and began eating. You hadn’t really noticed but Isaac had been horny the whole day and had been checking you out as if he had never seen you before.
All of you ate in silence as you suddenly felt Isaac’s hand on your thigh.
Even then, you didn’t really think much about it, but unfortunately his hand gradually guided itself higher.
Your parents’ focus was on their food, but you still couldn’t believe Isaac was doing this. The first time he ever stayed for dinner, he was so shy and behaved so well.
But the two of you had been together for quite a while now and your parents grew to love Isaac. You lay your right hand onto Isaac’s, stopping him from moving any further. His hand now lay on your knee again.
You shot him a warning glare and continued eating. But, unfortunately Isaac slipped his hand up higher your thigh anyway.
You rolled your eyes as you put some noodles into your mouth.
Isaac wanted to tease you, alright. But he would never-. You suddenly felt Isaac’s hand slipping underneath your dress and his fingers were soon touching your core. You quietly gasped and then coughed, which drew your parents’ attention towards you.
Isaac quickly pulled his hand away and it seemed as if he was just casually eating.
Who’s seen her?? Because I can’t, not anywhere. She’s coming to cinemas in JUNE yet there are no advertisements or anything. The only place I’ve seen her was in the cinema before the movie started, they played her trailer. And it’s so? Fucking?? Good??? White male producers want this movie to fail because the producer is a woman and so is the main character, but let’s not let that happen. I encourage everyone to go and watch it in the cinemas, support it in every way you can because it’s seriously wonderful (haha).