Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don’t need. We’re the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives.
-Fight Club (1999)
I was tagged by two people and I feel bad I can’t find the tags now!
1. What season did you start watching Supernatural? I started watching between Season 11 and Season 12. I binged on Netflix. I avoided the show because I really did think it was legit about incest. Finally a friend of mine set me straight and I gave it a try.
2. Who was the first character you fell in love with? Dean Winchester. Dean was the first in a long line of Supernatural Husbands.
3. Who was a character that you hated at first but grew to love? Meg. I didn’t care for her at all in the beginning but by the time she died in season eight she was one of my favorites.
4. Which character would you most want to be in a long-term relationship with? Cas. He’s not my favorite angel or the hottest guy, but I bet he would be the most compassionate and caring boyfriend. Always there to take care of you when you need him.
5. If you could go on just one date with one character, which one would you choose? Sam. Since it’s just one date I would go out with Sam just to see what it’s like to date someone so tall.
6. What would you do on the date? Something to emphasize his tallness. Maybe dancing?
7. Which character would you most want to be like? Jody. A loving and nurturing bad ass with a heart of gold and balls of steel. I want to be the one who can hug someone in pain and then go beat the shit out of whoever hurt them. I want to show courage and walk into the line of fire with my family.
8. Which character would you most like to see brought back from the dead? Bobby. I miss Bobby so much.
9. Which character would you most like to punch? Metatron.
10. Who is your absolute favorite character? Lucifer.
11. Which “Big Bad” do you think was the worst? The Leviathans / Dick Roman. That season was awful and that plot was awful.
12. Which character are you most like? Probably Kevin. Smart, nerdy, easily scared but brave and determined.
13. What death hit you the hardest? Bobby. I bawled like a damn baby.
14. What season finale hit you the hardest? Swan Song (Season 5). Not only was the ending with Sam and Dean super emotional, but for me it was Chuck narrating the story about Baby that killed me. I was in tears.
15. What are your ten all-time favorite episodes? 1) Yellow Fever 2) Changing Channels 3) Abandon All Hope 4) Hammer of the Gods 5) Swan Song 6) The French Mistake 7) The Man Who Would Be King 8) Goodbye Stranger 9) Road Trip 10) The Raid
16. What’s been your favorite season? Season 5!!!!!!
17. Who is your favorite angel? Lucifer
18. Who’s your favorite demon? Crowley
19. Who’s your favorite evil character? Arthur Ketch
20. Do you have any Supernatural ships? Sam & Eileen. Dean & Jo. Dean & Donna. Castiel & Meg. Castiel & Crowley.
21. Who’s your favorite supporting actor? Mark Pellegrino
22. What’s your favorite quote from the show? “The Impala, of course, has all the things other cars have… and a few things they don’t. But none of that stuff’s important. This is the stuff that’s important. The Army man that Sam crammed in the ashtray–it’s still stuck there. The Legos that Dean shoved into the vents. to this day, heat comes on, and you can hear ‘em rattle. These are the things that make the car theirs. Really theirs. Even when Dean rebuilt it from the ground up, he made sure all these little things stayed. 'Cause it’s the blemishes that made her beautiful.” - Chuck (Swan Song)
“And of course, I remember the most remarkable event - remarkable because it never came to pass. It was averted by two boys, an old drunk, and a fallen angel. The grand story. And we ripped up the ending, and the rules, and destiny, leaving nothing but freedom and choice.” - Castiel (The Man Who Would Be King)
23. If you could cast one famous actor in an episode of SPN, who would you chose? Tituss Burgess. I would love to see another episode based on Imaginary Friends and I think he would be epic as one of the imaginary friends.
24. If you could write your own episode, what kind of creature would you like to see included? Lock Ness Monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
25. Who’s your favorite girl that Dean’s hooked up with? I am assuming since they never hooked up that Jo doesn’t count, so I will go with Cassie.
26. Who’s your favorite girl that Sam’s hooked up with? Madison.
27. What are some of your favorite convention moments? I have two. The epic Jared & Misha “influence” question at JIB7 and Mark Pellegrino singing and dancing to Sweet Transvestite at Karaoke.
28. If you were going to guest star (or be a recurring guest star) on SPN, how would you want your character described? I would want her to be a bad ass demon that sleeps with Lucifer.
29. What do you hope to see in the next season? Better writing.
“You know why they put oxygen masks on planes? Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you’re taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It’s all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows.”
They burst out of
the house into bright sunlight that pounds through Sam’s head. He has
his arm slung over Dean’s shoulder and Mary is half a step behind
them, covering their exit.
There are three
steps down from the porch to the sidewalk leading to the driveway.
Sam grunts and braces himself on Dean, his thigh spiking pain hot up
“Easy, Sammy, I
got you,” Dean says, quiet and low and steers them toward the back
of the Impala. Sam’s eyes prick and burn to hear the sound of the
voice he built his world on. Dean alive is too good to be true, too
surreal. Having Mary here just makes it that much harder to believe,
but Sam doesn’t think he is hallucinating again. There’s too much
real, physical pain aching through every part of his body. It’s
different, just like Dean had said all those years ago, begging Sam
to believe. Sam is trying to believe again, but he feels scraped raw
and ripe for infection. Torture brings Sam’s hell memories so much
closer to the surface.
Sam’s been to the
cage three times now, by his count. Once he jumped in himself. Once
Cas broke his wall and sent Sam careening into the memories of 180
years of hell torture so devastating that Sam had to split into three
pieces just to survive it. And once when Sam had walked right into
the cage, terrified but hopeful, because he thought God was asking
him to. Every time Sam ended up in the cage, he ended up there on
faith. The faith that he was doing the right thing, the faith that
Cas would not hurt him, standing there like an idiot while Cas
touched his forehead, and faith that he was worthy of God’s trust.
Strange that Sam’s
faith should suffer now that he knows God is alive and well. He tries not to think about how Chuck helped him
and Dean make it to Stull Cemetery so Sam could do the right thing
and fall. He’s grateful for that help. It was the right thing to do.
Sam has to believe that, even now with Lucifer on the loose again.
But if he thinks about how Chuck, how God, played a roll in getting
him there, he has to think about the rest of what that means.