Never judge someone with a chronic illness if they...
• choose to eat something that’s bad for them
• forget to take their meds
• take something for chronic pain
• never drink (some people can’t ever drink because they can’t mix their meds with alcohol or because they physically cannot tolerate it)
• decide to lay down and rest all day
• skip their treatment one day (meds/shots/IV treatments should sometimes be rescheduled of we catch a cold or we feel rly bad that day)
• complain a lot about their symptoms/illness
• ignore their symptoms
I could go on but you should NEVER judge someone with a chronic illness when they DECIDE to do something. Unless you know what they are dealing with and can offer a better alternative for them then shut up and keep your comments to yourself. It’s our body and we are the only person responsible for the consequences. It doesn’t mean that we should actively make decisions that hurt us, but you’ll never understand the life we lead and all the limitations that come along with it.