some very important Christophe Giacommeti & Viktor Nikiforov headcanons:
shoutout to @lavenderprose who has the same brain as me when it comes to YOI/Viktor hcs
- Chris and Viktor have been friends for 10+
years. if the scene with Viktor at juniors is his last year as a junior, that
means they met when Viktor was about 15 and Chris was about 13. They have
almost certainly been through Some Shit together and know the other one better
than they know themselves.
- every year at worlds, the night after the free
skate, regardless of the results, the two of them buy 3 bottles of shitty wine
and watch whatever movies they’ve been texting each other about throughout the
season. The Notebook, Pitch Perfect, The
Avengers, whatever it is, they get
wine drunk and MST3K the hell out of it after the medal ceremony.
- (they keep doing this even after Yuuri –
actually, Yuuri was invited one time but couldn’t quite get the hang of the
banter. you can’t make up 10 years of friendship for 6 months of dating, no
matter how in love you are.)
- They are fully aware of the idea that they’re
dating/have dated/are sleeping together/have slept together etc. They think it’s hilarious. There’s even a
ship name for it – Viktophe – and they regularly browse the twitter tag and send
each other screenshots of the funniest ideas.
- they also read the RPF about them to each other
in hotel rooms during events
- that meme where one person bursts into the room like “I knew you were having sex” and one of the pair is like “oh no one told me I would have put down my book”? that’s them.
- They have biweekly bitchfest skype/phone calls where they just dish on whatever dumb shit has happened to them recently.
- When they were younger and Viktor still had
really long hair Christophe would fix it for galas and events. He really liked
to try out pinterest/youtube tutorials but didn’t have a model so Viktor would
volunteer, then show up to a sponsorship event with like a hairbow updo.
- you’d think Yakov would hate him considering the
both of them 100% are terrible influences on each other re:acting like drama
queens, being massive flirts, buying lululemon yogas with “peach” emblazoned
across the ass
- but actually Chris is a really good influence on
Viktor in more important ways. i.e. ensuring he doesn’t kill himself and making
sure Yakov knows to keep an eye out on him.
- there have been at least 3 times Chris has
called Yakov at an ungodly hour of the morning insisting he go check on Viktor
because he was very worried that Viktor was going to do something stupid
- chris is almost always right about this. yakov
has found his star skater on the ledge and had to coax him down and into the
shower more times than he’d like to admit. chris knows viktor, knows his tells,
knows when he’s starting to get bad again
- by the time they’re 20 and 22, yakov goes to
chris if he’s worried about viktor’s mental health but viktor won’t talk about
it. no one’s ever said it aloud, but
they all know that Chris may well be the reason Viktor is still alive
- tl:dr – chris has been worried about his best
friend for a long time and when he sees how viktor lights up with yuuri, he
gets to breathe easy for the first time in a long time