Vegan apple muffins - rich in omega 3
Apples are season in now so I baked apple muffins. This muffins are not only yummy but also rich in omega 3! Fantastic way to take omega 3!
What is omega 3 so good about?
I am sure everyone heard about DHA that is good for brain. DHA is one of primary example of omega 3 acid.
Fish, especially salmon contains omega 3, that is why salmon is treated as super foods quite often.
Not only fish but also plants contains omega 3. Flaxseeds and walnuts are one of the best source of omega 3 acid!
So I bake muffins that has flaxseeds and walnuts :)
Vegan omega 3 rich vegan muffins
200g whole meal flour
100g rapadura sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinamon powder
½ tsp sea salt
30g ground flaxseed
½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
80ml any oil that hasn’t got strong flavour ( eg, canola, rice bran )
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 apple ( about 230g ) peeled and chopped apple.
- Pre heat the oven to 180C , lightly grease muffin tin
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a food processor or blender, whip the flaxseed and water together, until it reaches thick and creamy consistency.
- In a separate bowl, combine the apple sauce, oil, sugar, vanilla and flax mixture. Beat with an electric hand mixer or whisk until creamy smooth. Add to the flour mixture. stirring until well blended. Do not over mix. If the mixture is too stiff, you ay add 1 or 2 TBSP water or soy milk.
- The batter will be thick rather than smooth and wet, so please don’t put too much liquid.
- Fold in the apples and nuts.
- Fill the greased muffin tins about three- quarters full.
- Bake until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 20mins.
- Cool in tins for 5 mins, then transfer to a wire rack.