🥄Spoonie Devotional Tips🥄
I’m sure a lot of us have had days where we’ve wanted to make an offering or spend devotional time with our gods but couldn’t find the time or energy. I’ve been getting a lot of asks lately on ways to honor your gods when your spoons are running low so I thought I would share some of my favorite tips. I hope this helps at least a little bit! As always links are in italics.✨🥄
- This may seem pretty obvious but praying is a great option. I do this fairly frequently when I’m bed ridden, it’s a good time to talk to the gods and tell them of your love and devotion for them. Or you could just tell them a cool story you think they’d like, however praying works for you.
- Audio books are amazing! You can find readings of so many mythology books on youtube. Alternatively, if you have the energy you can read a book about your religion/gods!
- This is a telling of some of the Norse stories. This is a telling of Greek and Roman stories, it switches about halfway. These are various creation myths. These are Irish stories and myths!
- Light an incense or scented/colored candle that reminds you of your god. If your god loves oranges light an orange candle and when it’s lit keep it as an offering to your god. Plus then you get to smell lovely things.
- Hang a sigil or rune that reminds you of your god next to your bed, if you’re a secret witch you can slide it in your pillow case or in a drawer! It’s something small you can have out as an offering but it’s also good to pray too or make you feel a little witchy. You can also just have some spoonie sigils out!
- If you haven’t already make a playlist of songs that remind you of your gods or ones they might like! Or you could just listen to one album or artist that makes you feel this way, whatever floats your boat really.
- If you’re curious I have a few for the Norse gods I’m closest too but it’s all pretty much UPG. Thor. Odin. Frigg. Freyja. Freyr. Hel. I’ll probably start ones for Sif and Skadi soon!
- Movies! This is more pop culture than anything but I find it can help. When I’m wanting to worship Hel for instance I’ll watch Corpse Bride, Book of Life, or something along those lines. It’s all pretty much upg, whatever you think your god would enjoy!
Other things you can try are doing your best to take care of yourself by hydrating and eating a snack! I’m not sure if every god would be completely down with this but those I worship tend to appreciate self care so take care of yourself as a way to honor your gods. For instance if I want to worship Hel I like apples because they’re fruit I relate to our Lady of the Dead .
If you like tea or coffee have a cup with flavors that remind you of them! Another example with Hel, I like to use chocolate creamer in my coffee or stronger black teas usually mixed with vanilla, chai, or lavender! Whatever you think is best!