Hello! Can I request Jean headcanons with a blind s/o or crush? ^^ Thank you so much!
Of course you can! <3
- Jean’s the type of guy who probably wouldn’t have known that his crush was blind unless it was visibly obvious or they told him. He would have noticed that something was different, but may not have gotten there on his own. And he’s not the kind to pry about that kind of information.
- But once he does find out, Jean becomes one of those people his S/O and/or crush knows they can depend on. He does his research, and is always ready and willing to be there for them through anything.
- Jean is very sensitive to his S/O’s needs, but doesn’t treat them like an invalid. He knows that they don’t want to be pitied, don’t want to be treated any differently, and he’s more than happy to accommodate. He always offers an arm when they go out, the pinnacle of chivalrous, but also silently offering however much support they need.
- He holds his S/O’s hand all the time. At first, they were nervous because they thought it was him trying to ‘help,’ but it’s really just Jean being a romantic dork who just wants to hold his S/O’s hand all the time anyway. Then they just think it’s sweet.
- Sometimes, when they’re alone, sharing a sweet moment, he’ll ask them what it’s like. Ask them what it’s like inside their head. Ask them if they wish they could see. He knows not to talk about it all the time, but on those nights, when they’re already pouring their souls out to each other, he asks. Just to know. And his S/O is more than happy to tell him exactly how they’re feeling, because they know that he just wants to understand them better, to know their heart as completely as they know his.
- Other times, when his S/O asks, Jean will describe the world to them in the most vivid detail he can. He knows that they have a beautiful imagination, and he does all he can to give it new material to work with.
- He’s very sensitive about other people offending/hurting his S/O. He can’t stand people who refuse to be accommodating or insist on being jerks anyway. His S/O tells him it doesn’t matter, but it does matter, and Jean has gotten in a fight or two over it.
- He stares at them all the time. He’s do it with any S/O, really, but he really just loves to look at them and admire them. His S/O eventually learns that he’s staring at them when he gets real quiet, and it makes their heart beat a little faster.
- He reads to his S/O a lot. They love stories, and often come up with their own, but they also love to hear Jean read to them because he does all the voices without realizing it. Eventually, together, they write down the S/O’s stories, and Jean reads them back. And it’s adorable.