Here in Alphabetical order are some of the words used in Undertale that people may not know, especially if they are not native English speakers.Usage in Undertale: used as the name for the fused monsters in the true lab
Meaning: verb, combine or unite to form one organization or structure.
• AstigmatismUsage in Undertale: name of the end game monster version of Loox.
Meaning: noun, a defect in the eye or in a lens caused by a deviation from spherical curvature, which results in distorted images, as light rays are prevented from meeting at a common focus.
• BishonenUsage in Undertale: I JUST WANT TO HAVE HANDSOME, BISHONEN EYES. LIKE METTATON…SIGH…
Meaning: adjective, a Japanese term literally meaning “beautiful youth (boy)” and describes an aesthetic that can be found in disparate areas in East Asia: a young man whose beauty (and sexual appeal) transcends the boundary of gender or sexual orientation.
• BonafideUsage in Undertale:
I CAN’T BELIEVE I’M FRIENDS…WITH A BONE-A-FIDE OPERA STAR!!!
Meaning: authentic, true.
• BonetrousleUsage in Undertale:
PLEASE ASK BEFORE YOU ESCAPE!!!
WHEN YOU WENT MISSING I GOT
- SLIGHTLY BONETROUSLED,
Meaning: “tousle” means to make something untidy, like hair, “trousle is not a real word, nor is bonetrousle. It appears to be a made up word for being flustered.
• BoondoggleUsage in Undertale: “ALL YOU DO IS SIT AND BOONDOGGLE”
Meaning: waste money or time on unnecessary or questionable projects.
• CapersUsage in Undertale: AHEM!! HUMAN!!
PREPARE YOURSELF!! FOR HIGH JINKS! FOR LOW JINKS!
DANGERS! PUZZLES! CAPERS! JAPERS!
BEING CAPTURED! AND OTHER SORTS OF FUN ACTIVITIES.
Meaning: to leap or skip about in a sprightly manner; a prank or trick; harebrained escapade; a frivolous, carefree episode or activity.
• CaskUsage in Undertale: SILKEN SPAGHETTI FINELY AGED IN AN OAKEN CASK…
Meaning: wooden barrel.
• ChitzyUsage in Undertale: I wouldn’t buy your chitzy garbage at knifepoint.
Meaning: actually a misspelling, the real word is “chintzy” and it means cheap, gaudy, or inferior.
• ContinuumUsage in Undertale: our reports showed a massive anomaly in the timespace continuum.
Meaning: a continuous extent, series, or whole.
• CragUsage in Undertale: THAT’S UNDYNE’S DRAMATIC CRAG.
SHE’S ALWAYS POSING ATOP IT.
Meaning: sharp rocky mountaintop or outcropping.
• CulminationUsage in Undertale: That is your SOUL, the very culmination of your being!
Meaning: climax, bringing to a final stage, sum.
• CurvaceouslyUsage in Undertale: Stereotypical: Curvaceously attractive, but no brains…
Meaning: having a lot of curves, shapely body.
• DogamyUsage in Undertale: character name
Meaning: The name Dogamy is a wordplay on the suffix -gamy used to describe different forms of marriage (endogamy, monogamy, etc) and ties in with the pair’s marriage theme and the sign near their area that reads “Warning: Dog Marriage”.
• DogaressaUsage in Undertale: character name
Meaning: Dogaressa is the term used for the wife of a doge, the title used by the rulers of the Renaissance-era Republic of Venice (now part of Italy), which ties into the Dogi’s marriage theme
• DoggoUsage in Undertale: Character name
Meaning: remain motionless and quiet to escape detection.
• EdamameUsage in Undertale: Toriels pun about her favorite vegetable is “Eda-MOM-e”
Meaning: Edamame is actually a way of preparing immature soybeans in their pods, not a type of bean.
• EM TetherUsage in Undertale:
ELEVATOR LOSING POWER!
EM TETHER STABILITY LOST!
Meaning: EM stands for electromagnetic, an electromagnetic tether is the use of electromagnets to support and propel something without touching it, like magnetic hover disks and magnetic levitation (Maglev) bullet trains. This means the elevators in undertale act like 6 directional levitating boxes, explaining how some elevators can go left and right as well as up and down. When you don’t have the power to activate the electromagnets the magnetic force weakens and the elevator falls down much faster and can not move without the power being restored.
• EndogenyUsage in Undertale: Amalgamate name.
Meaning: Endogenous substances and processes are those that originate from within an organism, tissue, or cell.
• EtherealUsage in Undertale: You ran away…. And broke their little ethereal heart. (Talking about the ghost inhabiting the tutorial dummy)
Meaning: extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world.
• FaçadeUsage in Undertale: Migospel’s facade is broken. (used when you defeat all the other monsters in the battle)
Meaning: ruse; act; false behavior to pretend to feel or be something you aren’t.
• FicusUsage in Undertale: It’s a platoon of ficuses.
Meaning: Also know as fig trees, is a genus of plants, some of which are used as potted plants.
• FreakadaciousUsage in Undertale: * Glyde is thinking of new slang for the word “cool.”
* Like “freakadacious.”
Meaning: not a real word.
• FutilityUsage in Undertale: (Futility setting in.) used when the slime janitor realizes he is constantly mopping up his own slime every time he turns around.
Meaning: pointless, self defeating, vain, losing battle, resistance is futile.
• HyphaeUsage in Undertale: It symbolizes my inner torment, trapped here by my hyphae.
Meaning: root-like thin structures fungi use to invade, leach nutrients from an organism, and anchor themselves.
• InfatuatedUsage in Undertale: I was merely infatuated with the CONCEPT of love.
Meaning: obsessed with, in love with, blinded by desire for.
• JapeUsage in Undertale: EVERYONE LIKES JAPES!!!
* what about undyne? doesn’t she hate puzzles?
SHE HATES PUZZLES. BUT SHE LOVES JAPES.
Meaning: a practical joke; mockery.
• KleptomaniacUsage in Undertale: HE LOOKS A BIT LIKE A CERTAIN DOG I DON’T LIKE. BUT GREATERDOG DOESN’T COLLECT ANYTHING. HE’S ONLY A KLEPTOMANIAC FOR AFFECTION!
Meaning: An impulse control disorder that results in an irresistible urge to steal.
• LimerentUsage in Undertale: Admittedly, I may have had limerent feelings for you before.
Meaning: involuntary romantic attraction, loving.
• LudicrousUsage in Undertale: Papyrus describes Undyne’s plan to cross the barrier and beat you up as being “ludicrous”
Meaning: crazy, unbelievable, unreasonable, foolhardy.
• MoroseUsage in Undertale: used when the Nacarat Jester discusses how there is no point in being morose about the situation of the monsters as there is nothing they can do about it.
Meaning: sad, depressed.
• MyceliumUsage in Undertale: If you haven’t noticed, my mycelium have bound me to the ground.
Meaning: mats of interwoven hyphae, network of fungi “roots”.
• NacaratUsage in Undertale: not actually used in Undertale, but the name given to the orange monster in the jester mask, who is known as reddemon in the files. It is unknown who created him and who came up with the name of “Nacarat Jester”
Meaning: color that is a reddy orange, comes from “nacre”, the word for the pearly substance on the inside of shells.
• NoogieUsage in Undertale: part of the joke of Undyne quoting Shakespeare “theres the rub” something that you say when you are explaining what the difficulty is in a particular situation, and Papyrus mistaking it for her pointing out a literal rub, causing him to search for it.
Papyrus: I’LL DO MY BEST TO FIND THE RUB.
Undyne: Hey, I think I found something!
Papyrus: OOH, WHERE? AND WHAT’S THIS HORRIBLE NOOGIE?
Undyne: It’s the rub!!!
Meaning: the act of rubbing and grinding your knuckles on someone’s head to cause them slight pain.
• ParamourUsage in Undertale: Mettaton discussing how Frisk, playing the role of the forbidden lover, is going to die in the dungeon.
Meaning: lover, crush, significant other.
• PermeatesUsage in Undertale: * The faint odor of ectoplasm permeates the vicinity.
Meaning: diffuse, spread, pass through, invade slowly and evenly.
• PerniciousUsage in Undertale: used by Papyrus to describe the annoying dog, added in the patch.
Meaning: having a harmful effect, especially in a gradual or subtle way.
• PeruseUsage in Undertale: PLEASE PERUSE MY CULINARY ART SHOW.
Meaning: examine carefully or at length.
• PlatoonUsage in Undertale: It’s a platoon of ficuses.
Meaning: A military group of 15 to 30 soldiers, In reality it would be closer to a fireteam or half a squad of ficuses.
• PratfallUsage in Undertale: CAREFUL!! THE ICE IS SLPPERY. BUT IF YOU SLIDE ON THE ICE, NO ONE WILL ATTACK YOU. NO ONE WANTS TO PRATFALL DURING A COOL TECHNIQUE.
Meaning: fall on your buttocks, ironically happens to Sans when you hit him after his “special attack”.
• PurgatoryUsage in Undertale: GRILLBY’S… IT’S DARK AND FULL OF GREASE. PURGATORY OF FRIES… HAMBURGER ABYSS…
Meaning: (in Roman Catholic doctrine) a place or state of suffering inhabited by the souls of sinners who are expiating their sins before going to heaven.
• RecalibrateUsage in Undertale: Papyrus yells at Sans for not recalibrating his puzzles. Sans’s puzzle is later revealed to be a word search from the newspaper he left on the ground.
Meaning: resetting, restarting and adjusting to work accurately, adjusting the range of a weapon.
• RegicideUsage in Undertale: Flowey ”I am the prince of this world’s future. Don’t worry, my little monarch, my plan isn’t regicide.”
Ironically his plan does end in regicide.
Meaning: murder of royalty, for example, King Asgore. Comes from regi, royalty, and cide, kill.
• RumpUsage in Undertale:
* Vulkin is wiggling its weird rump.
* You tell Vulkin that its rump looks like a sack of trash.
* Little streams of lava come from Vulkin’s eyes.
• SaccharineUsage in Undertale: Undyne speaking to Frisk: “At first, I hated your stupid saccharine schtick, but…”
Meaning: sickly sweet, sugary, too nice.
• SchlockUsage in Undertale: Puzzle Elder: “* There’s no ART in that actiony, mindless schlock! It’s just timing-based drivel!”
Meaning: cheap or inferior goods or material; trash.
• SerenadingUsage in Undertale: Papyrus: HUH!? ARE YOU SERENADING ME!? OH NO!!! YOU’RE MAKING ME BLUSH!!! LET’S WRITE A MUSICAL ABOUT OUR ADVENTURES!!!
Meaning: playing a song for someone, either on instruments or by singing, or both, normally a personal song or romantic.
• ShinglesUsage in Undertale: What do skeletons tile his roof with? Shin-gles!
Meaning: a slate or pottery plate used in overlapping patterns to cover a roof and keep off water.
• ShtickUsage in Undertale: Undyne speaking to Frisk: “At first, I hated your stupid saccharine schtick, but…”
Meaning: act, performance, character.
• SkewerUsage in Undertale: Papyrus discusses kabobs and kabones, saying that bones are used as the skewers
Meaning: rod or stick used to impale something with, such as meat to make a kabob.
• StagnantUsage in Undertale: used by Papyrus to describe his friend quantity, and later his knowledge quantity..
Meaning: still, unchanging; undisturbed.
• SuplexUsage in Undertale: Undyne suplexes a boulder, just because she can.
Meaning: a wrestling throw used to pick up and slam an opponent onto their back or head.
• UnbridledUsage in Undertale: Mad Dummy turns into Glad Dummy after experiencing unbridled emotions from your actions in the genocide route.
Meaning: unlimited, unrestrained.
• VicariouslyUsage in Undertale: Napstablook: “my life is pretty boring… but… seeing you on the screen… Brought excitement to my life…vicariously”
Meaning: felt or enjoyed through imagined participation in the experience of others:
• VolitionUsage in Undertale:
Papyrus: UNDYNE, DID YOU REALLY HAVE AN OFFICE JOB?
Undyne: Well, it was more of a, uh, community service thing.
Papyrus: THAT’S UNDYNE!! ALWAYS HELPING OUT THE COMMUNITY!
Undyne: Uh, yep! Totally of my own volition there!
Meaning: willfully, by choice, without influence of others.