Okay, legitimate question time about Hogwarts’ Hospital Wing and what actually necessitates a visit to St Mungos.
- Petrified by a basilisk? Nah. It may take all year, but we’ll just keep them here, sorry muggle parents.
- Turned into an anthromorphic cat? No worries! Pomfrey will figure it out. Eventually.
- Nearly killed by Department of Mysteries miscellany and numerous Death Eaters? They’re fiiiine.
- Possessed by Voldemort for nearly a year? Dumbledore says all you need is a nap, stop whining.
- Ravaged my an un-turned werewolf? Like St Mungos would know what to do, Mrs W just give Fleur that salve already.
- Cursed by a necklace? No tha– oh, crap. Yes alright, take her to Mungos.
Damn, Poppy Pomfrey has her hands full.