bc we still don’t have enough Brentrick fics yet and I’m appalled that my freaking otp doesn’t have the usual otp tropes:
4. Coffee shop au 5. roommate au 6. Soul mate au 7. Childhood friends au 8. High school au 9. College au 10. Single parent/babysitter au 11. teacher-student relationship au 12. Gang au 13. Vampire au 14. Mermaid au 15. cute first meeting au 16. ugly first meeting au 17. FAKE DATING AU 18. enemies to lovers au
“Send me a ship, and I’ll let you know of they’re my otp, notp, brotp or other.”
OTP, all the way.
I’ve only read up to chapter 30 or so of the manga, and I still need to watch the final episode of the anime, but I knew the instant I saw them interact each other that I would fall in love with the ship. I have a thing about childhood friends falling in love without realising it sort of thing. I know that Hak was fully aware of his own feelings for Yona, but go with me here.
Seeing all the fluffy moments that they’ve been having recently on my dash has only made it better. <3
1. Holmes/Watson, and all iterations/variations thereof — everybody from the originals in the ACD canon to interpretations as loose as Shawn & Gus in Psych. “Every conceivable flavor of Holmes + Every conceivable flavor of Watson!!!!” is what I would carve, in a heart, on a tree, if I was the type of person to carve things on trees. And, of course, if carving that wouldn’t take so fucking long.
2. Alanna/George, Song of the Lioness. My first OTP. The OTP of my childhood. My OTP from before I knew what an OTP even was. I WILL FIGHT YOU, ALANNA/JON PEOPLE. I. WILL. FIGHT. YOU.
3. Sirius/Remus, Harry Potter. There’s something about this pairing that suggests — or at least inspires in me, I guess — this sense of contentment and warmth. I can’t even really explain what I mean, and it’s probably because I started reading them when I was still, you know, A Teen, but ugh. Right in the emotions, every time.
4. Troy/Abed, Community. To the degree that I couldn’t actually watch Season 5 — after slogging through Season 4!!! — once I found out Donald Glover was leaving the show. 2GETHER 4EVER.
5. Crowley/Aziraphale, Good Omens. Bickering and biblical allegory and Queen and bookshops and Crowley being just a little bit good and Aziraphale being just enough of a bastard to be worth liking DON’T LOOK AT ME they’re too much.