Why Cheer Boys is a good anime?
I started an anime named Cheer Boys and it’s amazing because:
- The protagonist Haruki Bandou and his friend Kazuma Hashimoto decide to create a man’s cheerleading team. It breaks gender roles!
- Haruki’s sister Haruko is a badass judoka. Gender roles broken #2.
- You learn from the first episode that cheerleading isn’t only for girls because there are mixed teams.
- Kazuma is the leader of the team and when he talks about his motivations, it’s so great. He want to cheer people in order to be a sort of hero.
- When someone says bias about man’s cheerleading, Kazuma is always here to defend his team.
- When you see all the team in the opening, you can that they aren’t all tall and strong. There are boys with different body type and that’s a positive body image for boys !
- The team is named Breakers because the boys want to break stereotypes about man’s cheerleading but also about their insecurities and their limits.
- This anime has strong male friendships and it is inspired from a real men’s cheerleading team