How the Hamilton Fandom sees our favorite historical figures vs the actual historical figures
Smol, willing to fight everyone, also willing to fuck everyone, the most flaming bisexual to ever walk the earth, 5'7" of pure rage. On Twitter.
Founding father. Founded the national bank and was the first treasury of the secretary. Not actually Lin Manuel Miranda. Probably never made out with John Laurens but definitely did send him suggestive letters that were censored by his grandson.
Fandom Aaron Burr:
adorable, loved his umbrella, probably gay, Leslie is adorable too, hit his head on the same pipe twice, spent his money "like an ass," in love with Hamilton
Actual Aaron Burr:
actually shot Hamilton. He also graduated from Princeton at the age of 16 and a bunch of other cool stuff but he literally shot the guy we're all obsessed with why do we like him
The Gayest of the Gays. Has a dick father. Is actually Anthony Ramos. Very cute. Likes turtles. Dating Alexander Hamilton.
Probably still very gay. He had a wife and kid though. He did draw very nice turtles. Not Anthony Ramos (cry). Not that cute.
A pure cinnamon roll, too good for this world. Way too good for Alexander Hamilton. 1/3 of the Schuyler Sisters.
A pure cinnamon roll, too good for this world. Way too good for Alexander Hamilton. 1/3 of the Schuyler Sisters. Wore pretty dresses. Told his story.
Badass Feminist. Will cut your dick off. Actually Renee Elise Goldsberry. Actually incredible. WARNED Eliza.
Is not Renee Elise Goldsberry. Is a dead white woman. Probably never rapped at her sisters wedding. Probably still a badass feminist. Probably still did warn you, Eliza.
Actual Margarita (Peggy) Schuyler:
Protected her family from a mob of men carrying tomahawks. A badass. I love her. Not somehow secretly in love with Maria Reynolds.
America's Favorite Fighting Frenchman, actual baguette, yes yes my name is Lafayette, he came from afar just to say hello tell the king fuck off who's the best? It him.
literally in love with America Lin did a good job with him. He had American soil taken back to France to be buried under it. He named his son after George Washington. The purest French bread.
cLoThInG and FUCKING HORSES
he was a tailor who spied on British people he was cool he doesn't get enough love let's all love mulligan ok
Fandom Thomas Jefferson:
Probably in love with James Madison, wears heelies, invented the swivel chair, fucks macaroni. Also, actually the worst.
Actual Thomas Jefferson:
Actually the worst. He owned slaves. His bed was in the middle of a hallway. Look it up.
Fandom James Madison:
a smol bean, in love with Thomas Jefferson, a southern motherfucking democratic republican.
Actual James Madison:
a founding father. Pretty sickly. Doesn't get enough respect either.
Fandom Maria Reynolds:
is either loved or hated fiercely, has one of the best voices in the show, somehow sleeps with everyone in fanfiction even if not historically possible.
Actual Maria Reynolds:
was being abused by her husband and just wanted to get away for a while. Hamilton is at fault too. She had a sad life.
Fandom George Washington:
dad friend to the whole country, everyone has a daddy kink bc of him (why), Alex's actual Dad, literally anything to do with Dad
Actual George Washington:
the actual father of our country. The first president of the United States. Stop disrespecting him this way. Get the washlaf off of my dash.
Fandom Philip Hamilton:
"MY BABY." Doesn't exist in 1/2 of fanfictions and is still killed in the other 1/2. Looks an awful lot like John Laurens.
Actual Philip Hamilton:
Really hot. Died young. Tragic.
will you believe me if i said i reached 256 layers making these 2 5 6 maximum l a y e r s and my list isn’t even finished————tho THESE WERE REALLY FUN TO MAKE IF IT WASN’T FOR THE FACT I DID THIS ON NEW YEAR I WOULD’VE DONE MORE :’0
i mixed up a palette art meme and the expression art meme made by @galactibun together and ended up with these
-So Alex just got into college, and he’s officially adopted by the Washington and majoring in PoliSci
- Thomas and Lafayette are twins who were separated at 13 cuz their grandparents didn’t approve of their parents’ affair
- The twins were finally reunited at 18 and went into college together, roommies
- John Laurens with his pet turtle Philip just got into college too, and are rooming with Alex
- Alex was a bit shy to meet John but was really ecstatic when meeting Philip
- John was really chill and friendly that he helped Alex unpack then invited him for lunch
- They met the twins on the buffet area and they all sat together
- Thomas and Alex were already talking about politics when they got into a small friendly argument that Lafayette had to literally hold Thomas back
- John laughing as he held the back of Alex’s shirt to stop him from going all out
- Lafayette saying something to “Tommy” in french and Thomas rolling his eyes and said something back in french to “Marmar” ( From his name,Marie-Joseph)
- Alex asking them a question in french and Lafayette started talking to him in french really fast
- John was smiling at them amusingly and shared a confused look with Thomas
- Then they all heard a laughing somewhere behind them and saw Charles Lee laughing and mocking at them
- Lafayette tried really hard to stop the three of them from getting into a fight with Lee
- They all left the cafeteria and talked more at the garden
- They spent more time then later exchanged numbers to hang out more
- Then Alex and John went to buy books together and the twins decided to roam around campus
- Lafayette accidentally bumped into Hercules, who was on his way to practice with the football team
- Lafayette was entranced by him that he accidentally asked him for his number in french while Hercules apologized
- Thomas eyeing his brother’s flushed face suspiciously while Hercules chuckled and introduced himself
- Hercules has no idea whaf Laf said
- Lafayette apologized and introduced them and Thomas to Herc
- Herc was called by someone from the team and promised to talk to Laf again soon
- Thomas laughed at Laf as they continued to walk around and talking in French
- Meanwhile Alex and John met Aaron Burr at the bookstore, and he gave them some confusing advices while he bought his own books
- Alex wasn’t too sure what to think if him, and John shrugged at him
- They went back to their dorm together and decorated their room together
- And Alex was afraid if he liked John as crush already, and they just literally met
- And then the next day they met up with the twins for breakfast when Hercules spotted Lafayette and invited them to eat together with his cousin, James Madison
- Thomas was interested in James from the moment they saw each other and Lafayette snorted at him
- The six of them ate together and Alex, John, Herc and Laf seemed to be getting along really well that they started to get more loud
- James sighed at his cousin before listening to Thomas talk about politics
- Surprisingly, he actually conversed with him really well, unlike the other freshmen he met (he and herc are sophomores)
- Then suddenly the Schuyler sisters entered and Herc waved at them to their table
- The cousins and the sisters knew each other since high school
- Angelica’s a junior while Eliza was a sophomore and Peggy was a freshman
- Lafayette was a bit disappointed in Peggy’s fashion and accidentally said it out loud
- He and Peggy somehow became best friends then
- Peggy doesn’t care about fashion as long as it has flowers, she’s okay with it
- Eliza was texting to her friend and roommate Maria before introducing herself to them
- Somehow the majority of the group were majoring in PoliSci
- Then Lee and Seabury went in and almost all the group groaned
- With all of them hating the two, they exchanged phone numbers then Alex spotted Burr and invited him
- He was hesitant at first but he did anyway
- He was a bit annoyed at how loud they were, with Hercules literally shouting, and Thomas and Alex were almost arguing again with Angelica and James looking at them amusingly, and Lafayette subtly flirted with Herc and Peggy noticing, John laughing as he again held Alexander back, and Eliza smiling at the text Maria sent
- And he suspected that Thomas and Alex would join the debate team (which he, angelica, eliza, and james were in)
- But, in all honesty, he kinda liked these guys
This is just a small part if my Au, if you want to know more, just ask me! I’ll be working on a fanfic regarding this AU anyway, I’m so excited!!
Edit: I made a fanfic based on this!! You can read it here.
Alexander Hamilton: screams the whole time but says he wasn’t scared
Thomas Jefferson: acts like he isn’t scared but is shaking
George Washington: not scared not enjoying it either
James Madison: worries he’s going to piss himself
Lafayette: sits in the front with his hands up
Hercules mulligan: sits in the back admits that he was scared when people ask
John laurens: sits in the middle with his hands up
Aaron burr: doesn’t go on the roller coaster
Charles Lee: faints
The Schuyler sisters: sit in the front and scream because they love it not because they are scared
Samuel seabury: cries and holds as tightly as he can to the safety bar
King George: acts like he hated it but loved it
Philip Hamilton: throws up after