As many of you already know, it’s really looking bad in Aleppo right now. Here’s some recommendations for charities serving refugees or offering humanitarian aid for civilians caught in the Syrian Civil War.
- *TULIP for Syria Relief* specializes in providing short-term life-saving emergency relief for Syrians in the country or on the Syrian-Turkish border
- *Helping Hand for Relief and Development* specializes in providing global humanitarian relief in Syria, Burma, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Haiti, Mexico and many other countries
- *International Rescue Committee* specializes in global humanitarian aid and development
- *Islamic Relief* specializes in providing international humanitarian relief. They provided 40,000 gallons of clean water to Flint, Michigan recently
- *Karam Foundation* specializes in education services for Syrian children resettled in Turkey & currently raising funds to rebuild schools in Syria
- *Mercy Corps* specializes in global humanitarian aid. Currently serving displaced Syrian families with immediate needs for food, water and shelter
- *Sunrise USA* specializes in providing emergency relief, trauma-care and orphan sponsorships
- *Limbs for Life Foundation* specializes in providing prosthetic limbs to amputees in Syria and other countries like Nigeria and Mongolia
- *NuDay Syria* my friend’s mother created this org. Provides humanitarian, education and financial services to Syrian women and children
- *Hand in Hand for Syria* - works inside Syria, taking emergency humanitarian aid to the people in most desperate need.
— Sarah Harvard, Identities Mic writer