ok so ari grew his hair out after the accident right, and never bothered to cut it properly again
because he knew how much dante liked it so lets talk about ari mendoza and his long hair
- ok but seriously buns
- dante and ari go swimming at the pool, just chilling, being
nerdscool boyfriends by holding a ‘who can hold their breath the longest’ competition
- ((side note: ari won, out of sheer determination and willpower))
- when they both resurface, dante informs ari that underwater, he looked like some sort of merman with his hair loose and floating around his face
- ari rolls his eyes and tells dante that he’s strange ((he’s secretly very pleased though that for a second dante saw him as something unearthly/magical/unknowable))
- b u n s
- ari working a shift at the charcoaler and dante turns up and orders a burger (not bc he particularly wants one but it gives him an excuse to chat with ari whilst he’s working without getting him into trouble with his fascist boss)
- whilst he’s working ari keeps his hair in a ponytail to keep the hair out of his face, because it’s so hard to work with your hair e v e r y w h e r e and damn, it must get so hot in the charcoaler, especially in the summer??
- of course bits of hair come loose though as he works and fall annoyingly in front of his face as he works, framing his face and curled slightly from sweat
- ari doesn’t notice dante’s eyes following his hand every time that he tucks an unruly strand behind his ear again
- did i mention b u n s ??
- ari and dante drive out to the desert again one night. they lie in the back of the truck, silently looking up at the stars
- ari’s head is resting in dante’s lap and dante absent-mindly plays with his hair, winding dark curls around his fingers.
- ari thinks he’s found the perfect moment, one he wishes would last forever.
- who cares about uncovering the secrets of the universe when dante is holding him like he’s the most precious secret of them all