My FFXV Comrades character! I tried to make her look like me, I think I got pretty close. She even has dark circles under her eyes and a constantly worried look just like the real Jessamyn XD
So far she is a clumsy Insomnian spellcaster who is chronically out of HP and MP, can’t aim or block, and favors the shuriken style weapons (I love them so much).
I think Comrades is pretty great so far! I really enjoy playing it.
Things I love
1. Parts of it really feel like ffxiv, which I have been wanting to play again, but it isn’t as complex and involved so it suits more casual play I think
2. The Chocobo’s in old lestallum, I was so worried they actually were extinct
3. Monica’s face when she has to cook the Malboro dish, she is so done
4. The magic pot solo quest (GIMME AN EXLIXIR). I feel like that really captured what I would be like as a Glaive (i.e. an idiot). Running around in circles swearing: “Come back here! Hold still! Warp Strike! Gah! I missed! GOT YOU FINALLY!…. Aw…I miss him…he was kinda cute…WAiT. I was supposed to give him something wasn’t I…”
5. I like how to combat roles are flexible so you can try new things
6. NEW RECIPEHS
7. Seeing Iris, and Talcott, and Cindy etc. again!
Things I think could be improved that don’t relate to glitches
1. To me, it’s hard to figure how to level efficiently in this DLC. Unless I am missing something obvious I kinda haphazardly unlock quests but I can’t really tell what level they are beforehand and there doesn’t seem to be an even distribution of quests for each level. Leveling is pretty slow.
2. At least in the quick play there are people who join quests way under leveled, I don’t know if this drastically affects the outcome but it seems kind of weird and may relate to the previous problem.
3. It would be so great to have checkpoints in the quests, especially the escort ones. It’s so frustrating to get to the very end and then just die and get nothing for all the previous work and time you put into it.
Problems I’ve had (EDIT: not glitches, yay! I am just dumb)
1. Gladio comes to town but I can’t find him anywhere: I had to go right to the spot he is supposed to be and then he loads, from a distance I coudn’t see him.
2. I can’t seem to use any of my purchased greetings: It’s under the Chat menu option to change the greeting sets
It’s been really fun overall though, can’t wait to play more