specific personal parisian details from a parisian for ml fic writers:
- High school gets out at around 5:00 for a lot of people, so theres not a lot of time after school to hang out. However in some school, Wednesdays are half days (however in high school that possibility diminishes).
- In winter it’s dark until 8:00AM and during the summer, it can stay light out until 10:00PM
- It’s very common to go to a Boulangerie with friends before school
- Driving doesn’t really get you places. The most common form of transportation is the metro. Although there are many days where all of the lines are down because of protests.
- Baguettes are necessary for any meal. Even from the age of 6 a kid can be asked to go to the boulangerie at the corner of the road and get a baguette for two euros.
- There are Boulangeries EVERYWHERE there are every kilometer you can probably find a new one.
- Parisians usually are rude and have a certain distaste for americans.
- Biking is really common. There is this thing called Velib’ and basically you can take a bike for an hour if you pay and you have to put it at another Velib’ station when you’re done.
- Teens hang out at cafes a lot after school.
- Cafes have an outside portion with cute chairs and tables on the outside, but they also usually have a bar inside.
- Les Champs Elysés is a big shopping center, so if Le Bon Marché.
- Drinking is not that big of a deal in France. Most children start drinking wine at home from a young age. But the true drinking age in 18.
- Driving age is also 18.
- Most teenagers and adults smoke. That’s why the streets of Paris smell very smoky.
- Most people don’t go right to college after High School. There are preparatory schools where people go to pursue their interests. After that they apply to colleges.
- There are cutes shacks at the beach around france and at Paris Plage where they sell crepes, drinks, and candies.
- At restaurants if you order a soda they will give you the small bottle and a glass.
i might do a part two to this honestly this is just because i miss france. but if any of you find this useful that’s awesome.