I loved your teacher!AU - pretty please maybe write headcanons about it? Like who is the teacher of what and so on. 😍
- okay, so easy school has cycled through a hell of principals. first it was Mr. Sobel, who staff and students alike hated. eventually the staff went to the teacher’s union and got him fired. he was replaced by Mr. Meehan, who was transferred to another school after just a few weeks. so, in the chaos, Vice-principal Winters took over and he’s been running things ever since.
- Nixon is the new VP. he’s constantly hungover; by the end of the day, he always smells a little like booze. this man should probably not be working in a school. his father is chairman of the school board, so that could explain how he’s still got a job. he’s also damn good at running things from behind the scenes. when they need to interrogate kids on a discipline matter, they send in Nixon.
- Liebgott and Webster are both english teachers, as stated, and they’re at each other’s throats pretty much constantly, even after they start dating. literary insults abound. most of the school ships them. the students have started an instagram page just for them, where they post pictures of their boards everyday and snapshots of the two together. Vice Principal Nixon follows it.
- Speirs and Lip are both history teachers. Speirs teaches ancient civilizations, and Lip focuses on current events (and psychology). it seems like they shouldn’t get along, but oddly enough they work of each other well. they go over their curriculum notes together, grade papers with each other, and sometimes even teach joint classes if their subjects parallel each other. no one else really gets how the nicest teacher in school is friends with the one who allegedly threw a kid out a window, but Speirs and Lip make it work.
- Guarnere is the librarian, and Babe is the college student who volunteers to help out at his old high school for community service credits. babe has no clue what he’s doing. since Bill (who the kids have universally nicknamed “Gonorrhea”) runs his library like a CIA databank, he goes crazy finding books where they shouldn’t be and is always instructing Babe on how he’s doing things wrong. even so, he’s a good boss. the kids like Babe a little better than Bill, because he’s super friendly and willing to help them find whatever book they need.
- one day, an entire bookshelf falls on top of Babe’s head. this is how school nurse Roe meets him, and comes to the immediate conclusion that this is the most helpless creature he’s ever seen and that he needs to protect him. so babe winds up helping in the nurse’s office whenever he’s not in the library. he’s not complaining, of course, because that means extra credits for him, and he gets to work alongside the cool and quiet Doc Roe.
- Malarkey, Skip, and Penk totally run the cafeteria, and they’re universally adored. Malarkey helps kids pick out their food when they can’t decide what they want. Penk is always trying to get healthier choices on the menu, and encourages the kids to have fresh fruits. Skip is always giving kids free meals if they can’t afford them; more than once he’s even paid out of his own pocket.
- Johnny Martin is the janitor. kids are terrified of him, but he does his job damn well. he’s constantly bitches about having to clean the cafeteria and bathrooms (because high school kids are so excellent at keeping everything clean). god help any kids that he catches purposefully making messes.
- Perconte is the school dentist, because of course he is. (does every school have a dentist?? my elementary, middle, and high schools all did.)
- Harry is the school guidance counselors, and his office is about the most cheerful place in the whole school. he has a bunch of stress toys for kids to play with and is such a listening ear that everybody loves him.
- Buck is the math teacher who coaches football in his spare time. his room has trophies and sports memorabilia everywhere. he also has his own bookshelf, because he’s a prolific reader, and if he likes a kid he’ll let them borrow some of his books.
- Joe Toye teaches chemistry, and somehow things are always catching on fire in his classroom. he really likes explosions – it’s not his fault. he’s strict, and has no patience for idiots, but he makes chemistry easy and fun for the kids who want to learn.
- finally, Luz is right there as the school secretary. he answers phone calls, fields annoying parents, helps kids who are confused about their schedules, and has a witty comment for whoever he talks to. everybody loves him.