Deep in the Mexican jungle, lies an underwater cave called the Angelita Cenote. The pool is 200 feet deep and even contains a separate river that runs along the bottom on the underwater cave. This is due to the different levels of salinity in the water, causing denser water to sink to the bottom.
• Aries: Popocatépetl. Is an active volcano, located in the states of Puebla, México, and Morelos.
• Taurus: Cave of the Crystals. Is a cave in Naica, Saucillo Municipality, Chihuahua, México.
• Gemini: Ría Lagartos Biosphere Reserve. Is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in the state of Yucatán, México.
• Cancer: Arch of Cabo San Lucas. Is a distinctive rock formation at the southern tip of Cabo San Lucas.
• Leo: Gran Desierto de Altar. Is one of the major sub-ecoregions of the Sonoran Desert, located in Sonora, México.
• Virgo: Lacandon Jungle. Is an area of rainforest which stretches from Chiapas, México.
• Libra: Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve. Is a World Heritage Site containing most of the over-wintering sites of the eastern population of the monarch butterfly. And is located in Michoacán, México.
• Scorpio: Sistema Sac Actun. Is a cenote located in Tulum, Quintana Roo, México.
• Sagittarius: Tequila Volcano. Is a volcano located near Tequila, Jalisco, in México. This volcano is not dangerous to its nearby communities, which are famous for producing tequila.
• Capricorn: Nevado de Toluca. Is a large stratovolcano in Texcaltitlán, México, México.
• Aquarius: Hierve el Agua. Is a set of natural rock formations in the Mexican state of Oaxaca that resemble cascades of water.
• Pisces: Arrecifes de Cozumel National Park. Is off the coast of the island of Cozumel in the state of Quintana Roo, México.
Cenotes have an almost mythical quality – they were sacred to the Mayans
who believed they were the gateway to the afterlife and used them for
rituals, including human sacrifice. These photographs were taken at
cenote called The Pit near Tulum. The light pierces the cool dark
waters, providing an ethereal backlight to the caves and caverns below.