Why I Refuse To Support PETA
As most of you know, PETA (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals) produces lots of sexist, racist, fatphobic, and even ableist ads. Their ideologies match, unfortunately. They are incredibly unreasonable, too, and they effectively want to remove companion animals from human contact entirely.
Members of PETA have done the following to me.
- Attempted to take my service dog’s leash
- Threatened to take him away
- Sent me death threats
- Threatened to euthanize him out of “mercy”
- Claimed that I am a “slavedriver” and “active participant in the speciesist h*l*caust” (Ah yes, please tell the romani-german-native girl that she’s basically a Nazi. Good idea.)
- Left threatening voicemails on my phone.
- Scared me so badly that I had to move house at one point
- Grabbed my service dog
- Tried to pry my hand off of my service dog’s harness
- Threw paint on a faux fur-lined coat I was wearing (the paint got matted in my hair to the point where I had to shave my head)
- Speaks openly on their hatred for service dog handlers.