Astral Guiding Experiment
So @saltwatersovereign recently posed a question regarding Astral Travel and why more people who are able to astral travel easily do not host more services as guides to those who have trouble astral traveling. So @saltwatersovereign and I started meditating together to see if it was even possible!
Experiment Phase: @saltwatersovereign, also known as Ziya, had previously had vivid dreams but not astral traveling. We began to meditate together and after a certain matter of time, honestly who knows how long because it’s meditation and frankly it could have been 10 minutes or 3, I don’t know. Either way I begin in my own Grove, travel to the crossways so I can travel in the astral, I am thinking the name “Ziya” and attempting to feel her energy to know where to go. I just trust my gut and go left and keep traveling until I knew I was there where I needed to be. Not three minutes later I saw her standing on the beach I had come to and then I proceeded to try to assist her in entering the astral plane in an active form. I came out enough to text her a description of what I saw to see if it was actually her. It was! Super excited about that. Turns out the space is a place that she has visualized frequently which is why this location is the one that drew me. It was a fantastic start and she was able to make some lovely progress on astral traveling! Then Ziya posed a lovely question about what astral was and how it worked so here’s a quick post about energy.
So there are different planes of existence, all of them are you and stem from your own energy: Physical Body, Etheric Body, Mental Body, Astral Body, Etheric Body, Celestial Body, Causal Body. There are a lot of different names for these planes/bodies of existence and a lot of debate on their order. I don’t know EXACTLY whats correct because, frankly, no one does, but I’m going to give you a general consensus:
1. The Physical Body is solid and what everyone is most familiar with. It’s what you can touch and feel.
2. The Etheric Body is also mostly solid but time and space are not entirely consistent here so when you Etheric travel sometimes the objects that you’ve moved are back where they were before you moved them or physical properties are altered. It extends up to 2 inches from the body and is frequently seen as an aura or blue/gray light.
3. The Mental Body/Plane is very subtle and holds mental processes and thoughts. It extends 3 to 8 inches beyond the body and tends to have a yellow hew.
4. Astral Body/Astral Plane is where energy travels beyond the speed of light which means that objects and things are not solid at all and this whole plane tends to be more gem-like. Time has very little meaning and objects can be easily manipulated. Your energy exists within all these planes, the energy is not separated from each other, therefore all these bodies are your body. The astral body is the bridge to the Astral Plane on which you can travel or utilize to project. It extends 6 to 12 inches from the body and tends to have a rose hue. It is strongly tied to the heart chakra.
5. Etheric Plane is where energy has no speed limit and objets don’t stay in one shape and events have no specific order. These plane and this body is non-physical. This plane is sometimes not included in the list because it co-exists in a different dimension but also extends 1 to 1.5 feet betyond the body and can be seen by some clairvoyants as a dark blue hue.
6. The Celestial Body is a spiritual, emotional plane of bliss and divine love, of raised awareness, conciousness, and a pastel glow.
7. The Causal Body is the mental level of the spiritual plane, it contains all the other bodies. The Druid’s Egg tends to be a visualization practice of this particular body, which extends up to 3.5 feet beyond the physical body. This Causal Body has the highest vibration.
Hope that’s a little helpful as an overview of your bodies!
Selene Blackwell /|\