Chili Roasted Cauliflower Tacos!
I really love cauliflower and have been putting it in everything - in my breakfast smoothies, as a makeshift Alfredo sauce, as a rice substitute, etc. I also love tacos. So when I came across this recipe in the June issue of Eating Well, I made it immediately. This was soooooo good. Really flavorful while still low cal and pretty low carb (compared to your average taco). I really enjoyed this dish and hope you do too!
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 tbsp chopped chilies in adobo sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice (fresh squeezed from about 2 limes)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 can refried black beans, warmed up
- Corn tortillas, warmed up
- Crumbled queso fresco
- Toppings: chopped jalapenos, cilantro, guacamole, sour cream, and/or salsa
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil.
- Add lime juice, chilies, honey, garlic, and salt to a blender. Add water if needed, ½ tsp at a time, until the sauce is smooth or close to it. Placed the cauliflower in a medium sized bowl and add sauce. Mix until well coated. Add cauliflower to the baking sheet, top with red onion, and roast for 20 minutes, stirring once about halfway through.
- Add warm beans to a tortilla, top with cauliflower and then add queso fresco, jalapenos, cilantro and other toppings. Enjoy!