List of essential oils and kitchen oils toxic to cats. Most of these are quite common so clean up thouroughly after yourself and make sure windows are open! Also avoid burning/diffusing these oils in excess around your furry friends!!
Signs that people are ignorant and neglective pet owners
• when you tell them they’re doing something wrong in a polite manner, their first response is to tell you to “fuck off” or “shut up”
• when you offer them resources or information that could help them, they tell you that they “know how to take care of their pet” and that they’re taking care of their pet “their way”
• they believe that any person that views the way they house their pet as less than ideal is unnecessarily targeting and attacking them
• when they start to wonder why their pet is ill and lethargic and a person tells them it’s because they’re living in an unhealthy environment, they ignore the other person’s (or people’s) facts and information, try to excuse the problems with the way their pet is living with stuff like “i don’t have enough room” or “i don’t have the time to do all that”, and try to solve the problem through methods that do not work unless the pet is in an environment where it is able to recover and heal
• their pet(s)’s health and environment are viewed as things that would inconvenience their lives if they were to improve for the better. i.e. them upgrading from a vase to an actual aquarium would take up to much room and make too much noise
• they see people who maintain their pet(s)’s happiness and health through keeping them in the proper environment as “extra” ✨
• they call neglecting their pet their own “style of pet-keeping”
feel free to reblog and add some signs you’ve seen before
If you find a cat outside, DO NOT JUST TAKE IT HOME! Take it to a vet to check for a chip. Many cats do not like collars so owners get them chipped instead. If you take a cat home without checking for a chip YOU COULD BE STEALING SOMEONE ELSE’S PET!!!
I feel like too many people just take home random “strays” so I decided to post about this. Please reblog to spread the word.
Just a reminder to cat owners and friends of cat owners who may be visiting them for Easter. Lilies are lovely, but they are also DEADLY poisonous to cats. If you must bring a gift to a cat friend’s home or decorate your own for the holiday please make sure it is not a real lily. Go with artificial instead.
okay, so like there’s all this stuff about humans and the way we befriend all sorts of animals. but like, think about the way we interact with our pets. what if it’s not just the fact that we made friends with predators but that theses predators made friends with us back. the fact that there is a really clear bond between a dog or a cat and their owners and it’s reciprocal. the absolute love and devotion these companion animals show for us and us for them. think about the way you play with your pet and how an alien species might view it. or the fact that there’s a kind of rudimentary communication between species. the fact that I can tell the difference between my cat’s distressed meows vs. his i’m hungry meows. the fact that he prods me with a paw to get my attention, because he knows it works. that I can tell at a glance that my cat wants me to lay down a certain way so he can sleep on me. or the little greeting ritual me and my cat do when I come home for work – he meows really loud to be picked up… I sweep him into my arms and pet him, cooing goofy nonsense while he makes weird contented cat noises. think how absolutely flabbergasted an alien might be by the relationship between a human and their pet.
I’ve received so many great asks this past month- I thought I’d make a masterlist for ya’ll. Thank you all for supporting me and following my blog, it means so much! As always- feel free to flood my inbox with questions, comments, or concerns.