catpella replied to your post “Whenever I try to Sort non-HP characters that I legit love, 95% of the…”
I would like to hear why you put Steve in Slytherin sometime. But Mako and Stacker and Pepper and Natasha and I SEE IT and chuck is SO gryff
I mean, 95% of my characterization of Steve is MCU? And 5% is how much I enjoy him telling Tony Stark to go fuck himself with his wrongness in Civil War? So take this for what it’s worth, but like. The Steve we see in TFA? In the first handful of scenes with his adorable, narrow ass consist of:
1. Him baldface lying to an intake officer about the details that he doesn’t think matter (name, place of origin), but not the things that actually do (his long-ass list of ailments)
2. Him being I KNOW I KNOW LET’S MOVE THE FUCK ON about the fact that he basically grew up an ORPHAN IN GROSSLY SAD CIRCUMSTANCES
3. Him getting the shit kicked out of him when he decides that he cannot fucking let assholes asshole
4. Him being pissy when Bucky shows up to save him.
5. Him being even more pissy when it turns out Bucky is deploying and not just deploying, but going into the 107th that Steve’s dad was in
6. Him being totally non-pissy and super blase about the fact that his super-cute and super-attractive date that Bucky got is not into him, Steve, at ALL, because remember that convo he has in the car with Peggy about it not really mattering because he’s waiting for the right partner, and this girl ain’t it?
7. When the dude in the meidcal center tells him to hold on, Steve looking up at the sign, remembering that you ain’t supposed to lie, and then trying to bounce before Erskine shows up/the MP’s show up?
Like, I just, I love the entire intro is Steve Rogers ignoring rules and requests that don’t align with what he wants or how the world should be. And it just so happens that what Steve Rogers wants is not, like, race war murder of the Muggleborn – but rather, to give everything that he can to the cause of defeating asshole evil in the world because asshole evil and fuck rules? Fuck his skinny body and fuck everything else that gets in his way. I LOVE IT SO MUCH, AND I LOVE THE FACT THAT HE ONLY GETS OFF THE DOG AND PONY SHOW BECAUSE HE DECIDES FUCK THIS AGENT CARTER IS RIGHT
fucking order from a superior officer so that he can fly behind enemy lines and mount a solo suicide rescue mission. LIke, just think about how much self-confidence Steve Rogers has, how much absolute sureness, and you know. How much ambition that takes. Steve Rogers, Slytherin in the world where he is not just (i) not American, but (ii) British.