Tsaritsas Consorts of the House of Romanov - Part I
(with years of tenure)
1. Maria Dolgorukova consort of Michael I (1624-1625)
2. Eudoxia Streshneva consort of Michael I (1626-1645)
3. Maria Miloslavskaya consort of Alexis (1648-1669)
4. Natalya Naryshkina consort of Alexis (1671-1676)
5. Agafya Grushetskaya consort of Feodor III (1680-1681)
6. Marfa Apraksina consort of Feodor III (Feb.1682-May 1682)
7. Praskovia Saltykova consort of Ivan V (1684-1696)
8. Eudoxia Lopukhina consort of Peter I (1689-1698)
9. Catherine Alekseyevna consort of Peter I (1712-1725)*
10.Catherine Alekseyevna consort of Peter III (Jan.1762-Jul.1762)**
*Since 1721 after
elevation of Russian Tsardom to Empire
title Empress consort has been used. In 1725 Catherine became Empress regnant as Catherine I.
** In 1762 Catherine became Empress regnant as Catherine II. She is known in history as Catherine the Great.