I’m a huge fan of a simple palette. And this is the way I approach it.
1. I think about the main focal color that I would like to showcase. In this example, my “pumpkin pie kitty” painting, I want to showcase the orange of the pumpkin pie; so my main color that I MUST use is orange.
2. Then I add black and white, and another color. The other color will mostly likely be an analogous (orange-red or orange-yellow), complementary (blue), or shifted complementary (blue-green or blue-violet).
1. Resize image to 500 px width. If you’re image larger than 500 pixels, tumblr will NOT play your gif.
2. Open Animation Window (it’s under Window, then click on Animation) add layer on each frame, turn on the ones that you want to show, and adjust the timing on each frame. You can add quite a few of these. But if your file is too large, tumblr will not play it properfly. Also, I like to set mine to FOREVER, so it keeps going on a loop.
3. Save for Web and Devices. Make sure it’s a gif file.
Have fun! And give yourself a treat and have a pumpkin cheesecake on this wonderful national Holiday!!!!
Marugame Monzo makes the best homemade fresh udon. I love their uni udon, metai squid butter and tempura eggs. So delicious, I can eat them everyday and wrap myself in udon. Thank you Jed and Jun Diffenderfer for taking me there.