I just made a new tumblr for personal stuff (I also run the witchcraft blog earth-horn)and I need some blogs to follow on here!
Please reblog if you post:
And I’ll follow you! A follow back would be great too if you want!
My Pitch Philosophy~ How to Pitch an animated TV show
So, I pitched Plunger the Dragon to Nickelodeon last year, and it went super well. They loved the pitch, and I got to make a pilot. Yay! It was super fun.
A week or so ago, one of the execs commissioned me to draw this comic strip about my pitch philosophy. She thought the Plunger pitch was probably the best she’d ever seen ~blush~ and wanted me to share my technique.
Warning: (Galaxy Cat is not something I’ve ever pitched… I tried to pick something generic sounding for the purpose of this strip. I don’t necessarily recommend doing anything you’d consider “generic” in your actual pitch.)
A lot of people messaged me asking which animal would best fit them; they’ll describe their personality to me and I try to make my best decision. But I am not the one who can choose for you. You have to choose. Here are some characteristics of different pets to possibly help you narrow down and choose which pet would best fit you. (This list does not have every pet and these are not the only pets you can be. Be whatever you want and do whatever you want; no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.)
• BAT: negative, wants people to fear them, isolated, quirky, loves fruit, independent, “vampire-like”, possibly nocturnal
• BIG CAT: certain, stoic, secretly playful, appearance is important (grooming, stance, etc.), authority, elegance, sleek, seduction
• BUNNY: very cuddly, oral fixation, likes to hide under and paw at things, very childish, daydreamer, emotional, ditzy, headbutts others as a form of communication, needs attention
• DRAGON: asks for a lot, is not to be commanded, prideful, doesn’t like collars/restraints, headstrong, stubborn, protective, collects/hoards things
• FAWN: timid, shy, playful, adventurous, silly, klutzy, wary, enjoys being outdoors, better with an owner
• FERRET: fun, bouncy, can annoy others for amusement, equally active and lazy, likes to dig, hides things
• FOX: clever, playful, tricksters, doesn’t mind being around others, curious, fast, enjoys being in small spaces, excitable
• KITTEN: incredibly cuddly most of the time, will occasionally need space, very playful, needs a lot of petting, could get along without an owner but doesn’t want to, lazy with weird bouts of energy, likes to play hunt and pounce, likes toys
• PIG: loves to be coddled, sticks close to others, loves being given snacks, minimizes movement
• PONY: strong, proud, a little bit skittish, gentle, wants to work with others, curious, likes to have a job/responsibility, likes learning, curious
• PUPPY: playful, energetic, enjoys company, affectionate, enjoys physical contact, silly, plays with toys, curious, immature, better with an owner, loyal
• RAT: can be aggressive/feral or friendly and loving, greedy with food/items, likes to test bite/lick their owner, loves on and sleeps on others
• WOLF: independent but uses their pack for safety and comfort, strong, reserved initially, observant, grown-up, smart, self-sufficient, can get along without an owner, follows instincts, pack-mentality