Our Cat’s are named Nak, and Fawkes. You all have a lot of questions about them so we’re making a new introduction post!
Nak has been working events for over 7 years now! She has dressed up for all sorts of things from Pirates and RenFaires to Sports rallies. She just was a guest at Emerald City Comicon to sign her Comic book covers for @valiantentertainment.
She is turning 15 next month but our Vet is ecstatic with how healthy and spry she is! She rides around on my shoulders quite a bit and has a habit of drooling when she purrs. She is also one of the softest cats you might ever pet.
Next is Fawkes (We adopted him on the Fifth of November)
He has a little disorder where his balance is a little off and he stomps everywhere he walks as a result. He also has trouble stopping when running at top speed >.< . He’s 6 now. And while Nak is the event Cat. Fawkes is by far the most trainable cat I’ve ever owned. He comes and sits on command. Also we’re working on Up and Down. He’s by and far the more enthusiastic of the two about the pictures. But that’s because photo shoots equal treats and playtime.
He also is amazing at holding poses longer than Nak.
Any time you see either of the cats with an open mouth. It’s because they are chewing a treat, and I’m trying to get a certain expression with the lips/mouth. But it’s also how I end up with the silly derpy pictures while I’m snapping tons of shots.
How we’ve worked with them is to positively reinforce the activities we do with them. Treats, playtime, special dinners, and no negativity. You can’t just jump into this. If you wanted to do costumes you should start small and loose and comfortable and work slowly towards a goal, and LISTEN to the feedback you get from your pet. They are your partner.
Just remember for every 1 photo you all see I’ve deleted around 15-30 more to try and get these shots just right and in the best focus. I’ve been getting better.
Oh and while we’re at it. I’m “Freyu” the Artist/Feline wrangler (Who used to sword fight at Faires)
And with the help of my Wife we’ve turned this into a fun little side job in order to help bring smiles and brighten all of your days! From our family to yours, stay positive! and Brighten as many days as you can, when you can!
Do you need another couple pairs to ship and ruin your life with hoping and praying to all and any gods/ demons that the gay representation you’ve wanted for so long is going to happen?
Let me introduce you to DIRK GENTLY’S HOLISTIC DETECTIVE AGENCY
It’s a BBC America show featuring Samuel Barrnet (an openly gay actor and also the essence of the post “have you ever seen a man so beautiful you started crying”) playing as Dirk Gently, a lovable cinnamon roll and his grumpy assis-friend Todd Brotzman (played by Elijah Wood)!
Not to mention the other amazing characters like Amanda, Todd’s sister who’s not only a badass but takes no shit and needs a break, Farah (also known as my wife who also deserves a break), Bart (my murder daughter), Ken (actual innocent child who came here to have a good time), the Rowdy Three (but there are four of them… we are all aware- also one of them is Osric Chau who’s Kevin in supernatural), and many more amazing characters with a diverse cast! The director is Max Landis and if you don’t know him I’ll give you a hint, he was the guy at Comic con with the rainbow hair and the twitter account you’ve probably seen in tumblr posts. Crazy shit happens, there’s shark cats, detective work, a corgi, creepy bald dudes, time travel, murder, and it’s starting its second season soon! So I suggest you jump on the train now and watch the first season which is already out!
Seriously I love this show it most definitely does not get enough attention. so I’m willing to take the chance to get hurt again with no representation ;u;.
BUT don’t take my word for it, watch the trailer and read the reviews and if it’s not for you well that’s totally okay!
(Also if I fucked up any facts send me a message and I’ll fix it)
I’ve been doodling comics about the off-screen life of Bruce, who has been struggling to become relevant again after his break out role in a certain seventies film. Here is the first batch of comics from the past couple of weeks.
I remember the first time I watched Dirk Gently, and I started to understand that the cat was a shark, and I paused the episode, laid on my back on my bed for 5 min, than I screamed “WHAT THE FUCK”, and went back to the episode
1. They sleep in a pile, like they just crash and fall on top of each other in the back of the van.
2. They 110% punch every Nazi they see.
3. Grips is highly intelligent, he just knows things, but he has trouble expressing himself and it upsets him a lot.
4. Vogle loves animals (he absolutely steals shark cat) he almost always has an animal he found injured on the side of the road in the van that he is nursing back to health. He gets teary every time he releases them back into the wild.
5. Cross is the best at comforting people and gives the best hugs. He also has trouble expressing himself though and it often makes him angry.
6. Martin has terrible panic attacks, he doesn’t like the other Rowdies seeing though, they always do, driving calms him, he drives all the time because he knows he’s in control.
7. Cross is also a kinesthetic learner, mechanics comes easily to him, so no matter how rough the van looks on the outside, underneath it’s perfect.
8. Grips is a fantastic artist, he let Vogle help him paint the van, he’s constantly adding new things, inside and out.
1. Dirk wears so many bright colours because in the facility he only got to wear greys and whites.
2. He secretly loves the Rowdy 3 finding him, he doesn’t get much human contact, and he feels like he’s useful.
3. He is pansexual/panromantic
4. He LOVES movies, but he is unbearable to watch them with because he always (loudly) tries to predict what will happen and is alwAYS WRONG
5. He cannot swim.
6. He’s terribly afraid of the dark and has panic attacks because of all the time he spent stuck in it as a kid.
1- Todd’s first crush was Suzie Quattro, then David Bowie.
2. His favourite animal WAS a giraffe.
3. He is very scared of spiders.
1. Was picked on in school for being weird.
2. The day Lydia Spring disappeared was the second worst day of her life. She regards it as her greatest failure.
3. The worst day was when she lost her dad.
4. Meeting Dirk was a relief because he is absolutely weirder than her.
5. Amanda was the first person she ever felt truly understood her.
1. Has a soft spot for folk-punk.
2. She loves star wars, StormPilot is canon, she will fight you on this.
3. She loves cartoons.
4. So does Vogle so sometimes they go into electrical stores and turn up the volume on the films.
5. She will also fight you for a French fry.
1. Honestly just needs a nap.
2. He can’t sleep though, he keeps dreaming about Zimmerfield.
3. Spends his spare time reading comics. Marvel, DC, Archie.
4. Detectives the shit out of ‘Riverdale’.
1. Has never really had friends before.
2. He’s an amazing gamer.
3. Lowkey loves the games the other gamers think are shitty and childish.
4. Cannot handle rubix cubes, hates them, once threw one in the ocean because he just can’t solve them, they are frustrating.
1. First kill was her neighbor (how Black wing found her), she was a toddler, he was baby sitting her. They found bodies buried in his backyard. Lots of bodies.
2. She would never have let Ken die out with the hillbillies.
3. Ken teaches her how to plait her hair and she HATES it.
4. Neatness makes her uncomfortable.
I don’t care if you just started to like her or you did since the beggining of the show, I don’t care. But if you like her I am telling you now, YOU AND I ARE FRIENDS.
Fight all you want but we ARE FRIENDS. I will go to your house, chat with your parents, use your bathroom, pet your dogs/cats/lizards/anyanimal. Yes. Sharks too.
You like/love Ame? I Love you.