Danganronpa Character Relationships I Look Forward To
These are the character interactions I find most interesting and are ones I hope/think will get development in Danganronpa V3:
- Kaede and Saihara-I think this pair will get lots of development in V3. Saihara is the first Ultimate Kaede meets after waking up in Gifted Inmates Academy and, based on promos, appears to be to be her partner. During the promos for the chapter one class trial, Saihara encourages Kaede to lie to other students, and Kaede lies to protect Saihara, hinting she trusts him. Saihara is someone with low self-esteem and Kaede is the one who tries to boost his confidence. They’re also a good pair with Kaede being the confident, manipulative voice of reason and Saihara being the logical detective to aide Kaede. On the surface they seem to have a healthy relationship. The demo kind of hints a ship teasing between Kaede and Saihara as well. For the question, “Who was in that room at the time?”, if you answer “Kaede and Saihara”, classmates start wondering about their romantic relationship. Their relationship could develop into a very close bond or could end in heartbreak. Either one would be impactful.
- Kaede and Amami-Amami seems to be a very logical character who is very good at reading the situation. He’d probably be a big asset to Kaede at some point. Kaede seems to be both intrigued and wary of Amami. Amami seems to understand Kaede and will probably influence her because of his insight. Plus, Amami’s birthday is October 3rd. According to Hanakotoba, this is the birth flower of maple, which is Kaede in Japanese. Maple means important memories, hinting that Kaede and Amami may have a past together, such as a family relationship or childhood friends. This might be a coincidence or it might mean they have a deeper relationship. If Amami is going to play a huge role in the game since he’s such a mysterious character, then he will have some sort of interesting dynamic with Kaede.
- Iruma and Kaito-They have quite a bit in common. Both characters are loud, arrogant, rude, and not very good at class trials. They’re both prone to getting emotional. What makes their dynamic amusing is when they both lose their tempers, Kaito tends to scare a hot headed Iruma into fright. The talents of both characters also should make them both book smart since both talents require a lot of knowledge in math, science, and engineering. They may work together when it comes to anything related to STEM subjects. Since their personalities and talents are so similar, I can imagine these two characters bonding.
- Kiibo and Ouma-The game appears to be setting up their relationship from the start. I think there’s more to the duo than it being comic relief and Ouma just bullying the poor robot. Every time the two characters are in the same room (the warehouse and the class trial room so far) Ouma mentions Kiibo, implying the robot is on his mind. Even though Ouma does bully him, the supreme ruler seems to like Kiibo. He says wants to be friends with the robot, wants to touch him, and asks questions about him. While he does insult Kiibo, none of the insults seem to be out of malice. Ouma just has no filter and seems to like Kiibo’s reaction to statements. Even though he doesn’t consider Kiibo a person, he doesn’t seem to think of Kiibo as a lesser being, just different. I don’t think he’d want to be friends with Kiibo or be so interested in him if he does think the robot is inferior. As the game goes on, I can easily see these two characters learning from their differences and bonding as they live through the killing game events.
- Tenko and Yumeno-During the demo, Tenko having tea in the cafeteria with Yumeno when one of the kitchen knives is stolen reminds me of Asahina and Sakura. I find it adorable that Tenko is so interested in Yumeno’s explanation about the difference between magic and witchcraft. While characters probably won’t take Yumeno seriously when she explains her magic, I can imagine Tenko being fully invested in Yumeno’s magic and having conversations about her powers. She may even be the first to defend Yumeno when anyone accuses Yumeno of not being magical.
Other relationships that I think will be interesting are Kaede and Maki, Kaede and Iruma, Kaede and everyone else, Iruma and Kiibo, Shirogane and Yumeno, and Tenko and all the boys.
Yes, I posted this on Reddit too a while back. I just feel like posting it on Tumblr now.