Today was a great day of weeding and picking vegetables! We have so so so much produce our counters, tables and fridge runneth over. I knew I had to make something with the tomatoes and eggplant that are taking over. Eggplant lasagna is not a new concept but I hope you’ll like my take on it!
Eggplant and Spinach Lasagna or the “Lick my plate, may I have some more, even though I’m incredibly stuffed lasagna.”
Pre-heat oven to 350
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- dash salt
- 1tsp pepper
- 1 large tomato cut into small cubes
* Mix all together in a bowl set aside
About 2 medium sized eggplants:
- Cut up into ¼ inch pieces.
* Set aside.
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 ¼ cup water (or as much needed to make a dressing like texture)
* Grind cashews, garlic and spices with high powered blender/food processor. Add lemon juice water and spinach and blend until you get a dressing like texture…not too runny not too thick.
Lightly oil pan. Pour a thin layer of tomato sauce. Place a layer of Eggplant. Then pour a layer of “cheezy-spinach”. Another layer of Eggplant. Another layer of “cheesy-spinach”. Another layer of Eggplant. THEN a layer of tomato sauce. If your pan can take it add one last layer of Eggplant and tomato sauce. YOU get the point right?
Okay now stick it in the oven with foil on top for ten minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the eggplant is tender.
Remove and let cool for another 15 minutes. Cut and ENJOY.